We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lomani island resort

Which Malolo Lailai Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
lomani island resort

We are going to Outrigger in Fiji for Christmas with our extended family . We are wanting to spend a few days on an island first. We are in our 50's and want a few days relaxation. We were hoping for a bure with a private pool or jacuzzi but our budget is about $2000 for the 4 nights for the two of us. I like Lomani but am worried that the Bures have no shade on the decking out the front - all the pictures I have seen are just of a deck with a table and chairs and no umbrella or shade - does anyone know if this is correct. Our other choice would be Mana Island in the Honeymoon bures with Jacuzzi . Tokoriki was also a choice but it is more expensive.There is way too much choice and it all gets too confusing. Any help would be great thanks.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lomani island resort

Lomani is lovely, with beautiful grounds and a huge inviting pool. It's very peaceful there. From memory they have large umbrellas on the decks of the newer bures. There are large many trees in the grounds also which provide shade. If the deck doesn't have a large umbrella, just ask for one.

One of the major reasons I love the island of Malolo Lailai is that it's large, with many options of activities, and with 3 resorts there's plenty of dining choices, eg Flame Tree at Lomani, Ananda's near the airstrip, and Dick's restaurant at Musket Cove. (There is dining at Plantation Resort but I don't recommend) Also casual dining at the MC Marina and island bar. Plenty of scenic views from the hills if you like walking, and some lovely little beaches to try, especially when the tide is out at Lomani.

Have a wonderful stay.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lomani island resort

Hi thanks for your response, I think we will just book Lomani Resort -

I have just seen Malolo Island resort - what is that like compared to Lomani?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lomani island resort

Malolo Resort is beautiful also, a better beach, but Lomani's pool is much bigger. There'll be children at Malolo, and of course Lomani is adults only.

You won't have the choice of dining options, but then again the food at Malolo is very good.

If you want a better beach, then look at Malolo.

Also have a look at Navini Island, it's a small island closer to Nadi, some of the DE's on this forum have been there recently. Check out the reviews also.

Happy planning.

4. Re: lomani island resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island