We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

Which Malolo Lailai Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton NZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

We are getting married at Musket Cove resort in September 2011.

We have been there twice over the past two years and love it so we decided it is the perfect place to get married. Also Gloria the wedding co-ordinator is awesome.

We are getting a professional photographer from Nadi due to realising you get what you pay for and the photographers being offered as part of a cheap package deal are not necessarily professional wedding photographers. I have read some reviews which confirms my thinking here (depends what you want I guess).

I Just wanted some advice on wedding make up and using Mandara Spa at musket cove for this. I just want to make sure it is worth the expense as my experience with gettting make up done here in NZ has been interesting at best. Has any one had make up done by them before? What was your experience?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding

I have been fortunate to see a couple of weddings at Musket Cove, and everyone seemed to be have a fantastic time, very happy faces!

I have tried Mandara spa for treatments, not makeup and found them to be very well trained and very caring.

Mandara is well known Spa with locations world wide

http://www.mandaraspa.com/main/spalist.aspx

Gloria is lovely and very efficient, why don't you ask her opinion?

Sure it will be be the best wedding!

Hamilton NZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

Thanks for your reply and I will take your advice and discuss with Gloria closer to the time.

Think I'll save the extra and give it a go as will be a nicer way of spending the morning.

Thanks again.

3. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, February 05, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

My husband and I got married in the chapel at Musket Cove in April 2010. We too are great fans of Musket Cove having been there six or so times and due to go again in October 2011. I agree that the Mandara Spa is a great place to have treatments and massages etc. Gloria, who was also our wedding coordinator arranged for my wedding party's hair and makeup. It turned out that a freelance person came from the mainland to do this and was not from Mandara Spa. I would personally not recommend them for your hair and make-up on the day. Luckily I was prepared to accept that some things may not be to my liking or might go wrong, and given the whole day was absolutely fantastic, it did not matter too much to me. If I had the opportunity to do it over again I would do my own hair and makeup. All the other arrangements made through Gloria were fine, but be prepared to accept the odd hickup. We also picked our own photographer from the mainland, and were disappointed with some of the photos he took. But because there were other people also taking shots, we ended up with some lovely memories of the day. I think the trick is to know exactly what things really matter to you on the day and what you can overlook. For me, my dress, flowers, guests, food and venue decoration were the most important things. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding - I know you'll have the most wonderful day at Musket Cove. Wish I was doing it again!!

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

My husband and I got married in the chapel at Musket Cove in April 2010. We too are great fans of Musket Cove having been there six or so times and due to go again in October 2011. I agree that the Mandara Spa is a great place to have treatments and massages etc. Gloria, who was also our wedding coordinator arranged for my wedding party's hair and makeup. It turned out that a freelance person came from the mainland to do this and was not from Mandara Spa. I would personally not recommend them for your hair and make-up on the day. Luckily I was prepared to accept that some things may not be to my liking or might go wrong, and given the whole day was absolutely fantastic, it did not matter too much to me. If I had the opportunity to do it over again I would do my own hair and makeup. All the other arrangements made through Gloria were fine, but be prepared to accept the odd hickup. We also picked our own photographer from the mainland, and were disappointed with some of the photos he took. But because there were other people also taking shots, we ended up with some lovely memories of the day. I think the trick is to know exactly what things really matter to you on the day and what you can overlook. For me, my dress, flowers, guests, food and venue decoration were the most important things. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding - I know you'll have the most wonderful day at Musket Cove. Wish I was doing it again!!

Hamilton NZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

Thank you for posting a reply, much appreciated.

I am pretty relaxed with most things to do with the wedding but don't want to waste money on hair and makeup when typically I don't like the result and there is four of us so it adds up. Appreciate your honesty.

Thanks again.

Ness

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

When I was there last month they didn't have a hairdresser as another customer asked when I was at Mandara booking a treatment.

I saw a beautiful wedding at the chapel in April 2010 "bris" and the couple came from Brisbane too.

Wonder if it was yours?

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

It may very well have been our wedding you saw, although on the day before our wedding took place, I believe there was a much larger wedding where the guests took up the majority of the accommodation at MC. I had the impression though that their wedding ceremony was held on the beach. .

My husband and I married in the chapel on 27 April 2010 at 1.00 pm and had the reception in the massage hut on the beach in the evening. Our wedding party was very small and consisted only of close family members, none of whom had visited Fiji before. One of the best things to come out of the event was that everyone just loved the resort and enjoyed every moment of their holiday. The day itself was also kind of unusual in that because it was so hot, after the ceremony folowed by champagne, nibbles and a photo shoot, we all went our separate ways to cool off and relax. I had sworn to myself I was not going to take my wedding dress off until the end of the day, but I succumbed because I was sweltering and my husband promised he could tie the corset straps of my dress up properly again - which he did. It was a lovely break in the wedding day before gathering together again for the reception at 6 pm, where a great time was had by all.

We weren't planning on returning to MC for a while but as it turns out, will be returning this September with three people from our wedding party (my husband's daughter, son-in-law and grand-daughter), who all fell in love with the place.

Your are correct in saying that Mandara Spa does not have a hairdresser or make-up person.

Edited: 8:45 pm, July 27, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

It may very well have been our wedding you saw, although on the day before our wedding, I believe there was a much larger wedding where the guests took up the majority of the accommodation at MC. I had the impression though that their wedding ceremony was held on the beach. .

My husband and I married in the chapel on 27 April 2010 at 1.00 pm and had the reception in the massage hut on the beach in the evening. Our wedding party was very small and consisted only of close family members, none of whom had visited Fiji before. One of the best things to come out of the event was that everyone just loved the resort and enjoyed every moment of their holiday. The day itself was also kind of unusual in that because it was so hot, after the ceremony folowed by champagne, nibbles and a photo shoot, we all went our separate ways to cool off and relax. I had sworn to myself I was not going to take my wedding dress off until the end of the day, but I succumbed because I was sweltering and my husband promised he could tie the corset straps of my dress up properly again - which he did. It was a lovely break in the wedding day before gathering together again for the reception at 6 pm, where a great time was had by all.

We weren't planning on returning to MC for a while but as it turns out, will be returning this September with three people from our wedding party (my husband's daughter, son-in-law and grand-daughter), who all fell in love with the place.

Your are correct in saying that Mandara Spa does not have a hairdresser or make-up person.

Edited: 8:46 pm, July 27, 2011
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding - Musket Cove Resort

Yes it was your wedding! You all looked so happy and relaxed on such a hot day!

And I recall your husband inviting resort guests to watch the wedding, including us. :)

I'm sure Ness will have a wonderful wedding at MC.

LTB

Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island