We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for plantation island

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
advice for plantation island

Hello, we are a family of ten including 11yr, 8yr,4yr &a 1yr old .I would love as much info as i can get regarding drinking water,mozzies, sewarage problems ,food, activity prices ,best snorkelling , to make this a smooth and relaxing holiday fo all of us.Ihave read a few reviews and am unsure as what to expect .This is our first holiday in 8years so hoping its going to be a gooden. i will appreciate all advice i recieve THANKYOU.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice for plantation island

Just remember it's a budget resort and can accommodate around 800 people. So it can be busy, with lots young children.

Many families seem to like it there, and the grounds are always well maintained when I've been on the island. I haven't stayed there but have stayed on Malolo Lailai and I love it, as it's large with a choice of other resorts/restaurants to visit, with plenty of walks both on the beaches and hills. Or you can hire a bike if you don't feel like walking.

Here's a couple of links regarding activities and what to take.

I hope this helps.

Level Contributor
456 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice for plantation island

Have a look at my review Oct 4 and feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions. Bottom line, a great value place for a family (especially a large one) without great expectations of standards (think a fab Big 4 park with all the amenities but with a terrific beach and better weather!) and a relaxed outlook. You will enjoy!

3. Re: advice for plantation island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, June 28, 2011