We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

Townsville
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

We have booked accomodation at a private Villa managed by Musket Cove Resort. The problem is that our flight from Australia lands at 16.50 (ie 10 minutes to 5 in the afternoon). The last boat leaves at 5pm and the last flight at 5.15pm, neither of which we would be able to catch. We'd prefer not to stay overnight in Nadi (not much point in getting a cab to and from Nadi, just to sleep, especially with a group of six).

Any suggestions on how to get to Mololo Lai Lai on the evening of arrival?? All suggestions appreciated!

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

the helicopter will fly out if it's still daylight hours, but most likely your only option will be Seafiji water taxi (www.seafiji.net). It's expensive but will save you spending the night on the mainland!!

Townsville
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

Thanks for the quick response. You're right it sure is expensive - given that we will have to pay accomodation whether we are on the mainland or island, it looks like we'll have to stay on the mainland! Any suggestions for somewhere handy to the airport?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

Hi Sue,

We find Golf Terraces very quiet, nice and clean also handy to the marina for catching the ferry in the morning. www.golfterraces.com.fj Walking distance to some nice eating and drinking places as well.

Mention my house name on the island to Ogina the manager and I am sure she will give you a good deal.

Cheers,

Grant.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

Have had this problem many years with the late flights and not being able to get to the islands till the next day. Either overnight at Raffles Gateway which is right near the airport is ok for a quick stopover or if you want the boat pick an overnight stay at the marina in one of the Denarau hotels/resorts. Not much choice for after hours really!

Seaford Rise...
Level Contributor
132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

I think the flights are arranged to benefit the mainland resorts. Raffles is quite handy, but Denarau have great specilas at teh moment, Sofitel and Westin for under AUD200 including brekky!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

That is cheap for The Sofitel and Westin -- beds at The Sofitel are great.

We just had a cheap overnighter at The Mercure (5 mins from Nadi airport), think it worked out at about A$100.00 - but what I really wanted to say is that I found the staff much nicer and more personal at The Mercure compared to my stay at The Sofitel.

We were late for our seaplane transfer the next morning and had missed their 7am shuttle - a lovely staff member noticed our predicament / panic and helped us with the luggage, drove us to the airport just in time and then wouldn't take any payment. Wish I had have insisted now..........

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,145 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

Can never understand people wasting money on an expensive hotel for one night when you have no time to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. The Mercure has long been our preferred o/niter. The staff are extremely helpful and the beds comfy if you want to eat out you are close to many restaurants. You can always pick up a good deal too booking online direct or through one of the online agencies.

Maroochydore Qld...
Level Contributor
282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

Hi, we are going to fiji again next year and have the same 16.50 flight time, so we decided this time to go into Nadi for a couple of hours just to have a look around and maybe pick up some supplies for our holiday. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and all the places I have looked at, state we are going to have to book 2 rooms. Does anyone know of accomodation that can fit us all in, close to Nadi/airport and what would be the best way (cheapest) to get to the marina the next day.

Also best supermarket to pick up some supplies in Nadi.

Thanks Steely.

Aussie
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

The Hexagon Resort have free tranfers from the airport to Hexagon, they also have family rooms usually at a good rate and there is a BIG new supermarket Patels right next door. There is a ataxi stand there and a van would cost about $18.00 to the Marina to catch the Malolo cat the next day

Maroochydore Qld...
Level Contributor
282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening transfers from Nadi to Mololo Lai Lai

AussieDools,

Thanks for the info, I've checked the Hexagon out on the net and the prices seems quite good, mixed reviews on trip advisor,but there again I read alot of reviews on the cheaper hotels and they all seemed to be the same, all we are after from the hotel is a bed for the night, not there for luxury.

Steely