We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantation Island

Whangarei New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Plantation Island

Hi there, we the family of 4, kids 6 and 8, are going on our first family holiday to plantation island August 2007. I really wanted to go to castaway as I had been there as a child, but the price difference was major. Im really worried after reading some really bad reviews that I have made the wrong choice. Does anyone recommend which is the best beach front bures to stay in, are any better than others, and what is the weather doing in August? should we take our own life jackets for our little girls? Any information on how to make this a holiday of a life time would be so much appreciated. Also when are the Aussie school hols around that time are they in July?

Melbourne,
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Plantation Island

Hi Roxy,

I have returned only this week from plantation island.

We had the best time.

I travelled with my husband and two year old son. Get yourselves ready for a fantastic holiday that your kids are going to absolutly love. The older kids just seemed to have a ball at the the kids club...they seem to get a real sense of independance as they can wander around and go to different activities.

We stayed in a garden bure which was fantastic and had views of the ocean (bure 306) I agree that the beach bures around the early 200's would be the best location...i haven't seen inside them. But we really loved where our bure was.

The staff are amazing people.....where else in the world would you let a stranger pick up your child and walk off with them!! I have posted a review that has more info.

It is a 3 star resort and dont go expecting the hilton and you will be fine. Rooms are serviced every day so all you need to worry about is what activity you are going to do today.

There is plenty of things to do and some of them are free so it doesn't need to cost money every day. I reccommend the semi-sub my son loved it.

We had meal vouchers and i was worried about the food as i too had read many bad reviews...bottom line is the food is fine. You can choose from buffet or al a carte or go to anandas restaurant or i believe lomani but you can not take kids under 16 there but that is what the baby sitterrs are for. At FJ$3.00 per hour we got one every night so we could go out and have a few drinks and some 'adult time'

If you have any other questions or would like to see some photos let me know and i would be happy to help out.

I look forward to reading your review when you get back have a wonderful holiday and dont worry you and your family will love it.

ps.. we met so many fantastic kiwi's there!!!!

22. Re: Plantation Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 04, 2009