We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lomani resort and dining out question

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Lomani resort and dining out question

Hi, hubby and I have booked 7 days at Lomani resort for a winter escape. I expect we we will be eating at the resort for dinner most nights but we also might like to try out dinner/drinks options at Musket Cove and Plantation Island. I have a few questions that I hope someone might be able to answer.

A: Does Lomani resort allow its bikes to be used at NIGHT to get to other resorts?

B: Can we easily walk/ cycle there and back at night..ie are the paths lit? Or would we need to bring torches/ head lights? Or are any provided by the resort?

C: Does the resort provide transport to and from the other resorts at night ie golf cart etc, and is there a charge?

D. I have read about Dicks place at Musket cove , Anandas and Black Coral at Plantation Island.. does anyone have any comments about any of these places or can suggest anywhere else that I haven't read about.

Any information or comments would be really appreciated..Many thanks,

9 replies to this topic
Cessnock, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

Anandas at plantation has closed down

Edited: 10:40 pm, August 19, 2017
New Zealand
Level Contributor
354 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

A. No bikes have to be returned by about 5.30 pm (they said safety issues)

B. Easy walk to plantation and well lit - am pretty sure there was a torch in the room at Lomani when we stayed there in June 2017

C. Yes - we just asked the porter and he dropped us off and picked us up[ at an agreed time from the musket cove trader cafe at night time. There was no charge.

D. we had a few meals at the musket cove trader cafe (very reasonably priced and quick service), and we also had a BBQ (need to pre-order from cafe) at the Musket cove island bar. We also brought whole chickens and salad for lunch ($35 in total)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,017 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

Musket Cove would be preferable to me as an alternate place to dine.

Edited: 1:10 am, August 20, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

I would steer well clear of Plantation Island Resort.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

Thanks to all for your replies and especially to Horiboy for your detailed answer. It sounds as if there are definitely different dining options to be had at night if we choose to dine outside Lomani , cheers everyone.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
354 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

Silverferncaro, we only had two evening meals at Lomani and the other 4 nights we dined elsewhere. The meals at Lomani are okay - I just wouldn't rave about them for the price they charge.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

I have to say one of the best steak meals I have EVER had was down at Dicks place.

Just to explain though. Plantation and lomani fully charge back any food/ drink you buy at either resort.

So at Plantation you have a little dairy. You have a stunning juice bar. You have Black Coral which is dressy casual-do stunning burgers for lunch. all charge back to your lomani room.

Dicks place ,The musket cove shop and trader café you will need to pay cash.

It takes about 5 minutes to walk to Plantations eateries and 10 to Musket cove.

Theres only one spot on the way from lomani its a bit dark on the track -but its a really wide track so no problems. But as horiboy said the porter will take you to anywhere you want to go.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

Thanks Horiboy and Tony F, for your detailed replies and opinions. It sounds as if the walk from Musket cove isn't too bad to make back at night and there are some good options to be had.. hubby and I love a good steak! Thanks again for taking the time to post.. you've been very helpful!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lomani resort and dining out question

I would recommend Black Coral at Plantation Island which is an easy walk from Lomani, but you do need to book in advance. Muskat Cove is a bit further away but the Trader Cafe is a great place to grab a coffee or a meal. I would recommend the BBQ packs that you can order and cook at the Island Bar. Muskat Cove also have a great mini mart for buying fresh fruit and veg and grocery supplies.

Anandas is currently under renovation and not open.

As for bikes, Bula Bikes at Plantation Island come with lights and can be used at all times.

Reply to: Lomani resort and dining out question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted