We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxis

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Water Taxis

Does anyone know a affordible way to get from the main island to Malolo? We fly in from Sydney on the 6th of December and were just missing the last big boat Malolo Cat. We have been researching the water taxies and the prices are all around 500AU$ for four people but it's only my boyfriend and I traveling. Any help would be appreciated... anyone else going to be in Nadi the same time and want to spit a water taxi:)

7 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxis

Try this perhaps. Contact Malolo Island Resort and ask for a quote for a transfer from Musket Cove to them. If it's reasonable and they're happy to do it you could then go ahead and book to travel to Musket on the Malolo Cat (ferry servicing the three Malolo Lailai Island resorts) the last boat for this leaves Denarau at 5.30pm.

http://malolocatfiji.com/timetable/

Logistically the distance by water between the two resorts is about 7kms.

Good luck.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxis

Hi Dianz,

This is a great idea and I will defiantly look into it. Thank you so much for your help!!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Taxis

You are very welcome Lauren and I hope it works out for you and you have a terrific holiday!

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Taxis

Hello! My friends and I just realized we will encounter the same issue this week when we arrive. We are staying at Musket Cove and they quoted U.S. $800 Fiji dollars for a water taxi? What did you end up doing? Any assistance would be appreciated!

5. Re: Water Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, January 02, 2016

Byron Bay, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Taxis

We have just returned from Malolo and we had the same problem.

We ended up staying in Denarau for a night and flying out the next day via seaplane.

Some others that we new hired a taxi. The taxi ended bein an open boat with no roof. Heavy rain and rough swells made the trip very uncomfortable.

If you get sea transfers enquire about the type of boat that you are hiring.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,017 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Taxis

Sea fiji operates water taxi service 24/7. They quote in Fiji dollars. You should be able to get a seaplane as they fly until dusk, not sure if resort has helipad but this is another option..

Reply to: Water Taxis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted