We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to LikuLiku

Which Malolo Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to LikuLiku

I wanted to see if anyone could answer a few questions for me. We are getting to LikuLiku by helicopter and I have read a 33 pound per person luggage limit. Is this true? That is not much at all even packing very conservatively.I am bringing school supplies for a village visit and am up to 10 pounds there. We wanted to buy a few items at a store in Nadi, but will not have the space per wt limit if the 33 pounds is true. Once at LikuLiku, what type of day trips have any of you taken? What can I expect to pay for these trips? Do they want cash or are the trips sold thru the hotel and put on your room charges? I have read about a picnic at another island and about snorkeling at Honeymoon island but can not find any other info on said trips.

Thank you for any information you can share!

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

I am aware that there is a weight limit although I have never taken the helicopter ride.

There is a school on Malolo which we visited and you will too. The Head Teacher really has his head screwed on and is quite entreprenareal ( or however you spell it). I think they are now looking more for sponsor ship.

With your goodies you could arrange to send some of it to yourself at the resort making the appropriate arrangements.

What time of the year are you going? We only pack light. We wear our heavier clothes on the plane and only take a couple of pairs of shorts, tee shirts and thongs (Flip Flops in your language -I've seen Devil wears Prada too!) along with the usual smalls. I am unaware of how you should dress for dinner.

In relation to the trips - we stay at the Navini and these trips are included in the Tariffs however if you were required to pay you would probably be allowed to charge it back to your room

Hope this helps a little

Baz

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

Hi Tammy,

The weight limit is adhered to but you really don't need to over-pack to go to Fiji -- no jeans or high heels needed at all :)

Day trips, spa treatments etc are all charged back to your room and you'll pay when you leave. The picnic to Honeymoon Island is a great thing to do. They'll take you over and drop you off on your own island with food, drinks, umbrella etc. Snorkelling was good over there as well.

I've tried to attach a link to their activities along with prices - hope it works. It's from their website...

likulikulagoon.com/uploaded_documents/Activi…

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

Thank you for the replies! We leave in 7 weeks. We are not taking much clothes wise but you pack a couple floats, snorkle gear, sun screen, cameras, computer, and e-readers and 33 pounds comes fast! I will make it work! And we wanted to buy some beer to have in the room but do not think that will happen :-) I did get the activities page to download so thank you for that. Glad to know you liked the island picnic, will be sure to do that. So looking forward to seeing this part of the South Pacific!

Edited: 7:34 pm, July 18, 2014
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

You will have a great trip. Hope you find your piece of paradise.

I would find out what snorkelling gear they provide and if it costs anything. You maybe able to save some weight there.

Camera around the neck may also help!

Baz

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

LL does have very good snorkelling gear and they wash it out very well -- they fit you out with the right sizes, pack it up into a bag and you keep it for your whole stay.

LOL about the camera around the neck Baz, but they weigh you as well as your luggage :)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

Hi Tammy,

Take your computer, readers, and cameras as carry on.

We haven't been to Likuliku, but have taken the helicopter (Island Hoppers) to a different resort. As BaySydney3 says luggage weight is adhered to. Helicopters carry up to 6 people. Whether or not you will be able to take all your luggage will depend on the number of people on the flight. We were overweight due to the gifts we had brought for the village/school we were visiting. They were in a separate bag, which came later on a different flight at no charge. You might contact the helicopter company you are using for information.

We can't purchase our brand of alcohol in Fiji, so take the amount allowed by customs in our checked luggage. Coming from the states, you will need an adapter angled for Australia for charging camera, laptop batteries. We also take a power converter, and power strip for charging more than one battery at the same time. A flash light might also be useful for walking back to your bure after dinner.

See the following link for other suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

The school supplies you are taking will be greatly appreciated more than you know. The smiles and laughter of the children will melt your hearts. Please don't take candy or sweets for the children though some recommended it. True, the kids would love it. However, diabetes is on the rise and dental care hard to come by especially on the outer islands.

Hope this helps. As strange as it sounds, you will arrive as guests and leave as part of their family. The Fijian people are the most friendliest, happiest, caring people on the planet who will go above and beyond to insure your vacation is everything you hope for and more.

Edited: 8:14 pm, July 18, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

I am glad to hear that they sent your school donation later. If I pull that part out, I will be fine. I now know to pack it separate. Thank you for taking the time to give me direction! I am excited to get to Fiji! I keep reading how friendly everyone is! Just a few more weeks :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

Likuliku is awesome you will love it. We were there in February for 6 nights this year & did the snorkel trip for $48fj each to Honeymoon Island, the fellas took beach towels, water & some fresh fruit for us to have on the way back in the boat. Make sure you snorkel in front of the over water bures even if you are not staying in them, it is an easy swim across. Look out for the clams at Massima Bar jetty there are several of them there so make sure you have a snorkel there too, just watch out for boats. We also walked down there every night & saw the resident Lion Fish. Likuliku is a very special place, I know you will love your stay.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to LikuLiku

Oh Gee Bay

I actually thought I was being clever

Ah Maggoo you've done it again.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,186 posts