We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me about Malolo

Which Malolo Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me about Malolo

Looking at Malolo for our next Fiji trip (hopefully later this year or early next year) & just want some info from the TA posters about the island. Been to Fiji twice before & would love to go back to Amunuca but Malolo is also jumping out at me.

Thanks Leanne

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me about Malolo

Hey Leanne - we have been looking at Malolo too (can't get in for our next trip as they have a wedding and booked out for 3 of our 5 days) as they only have about 40 bures - so I would recommend getting in early to get your booking. Got a great deal through Travelonline.com.au too. Oh well - next time maybe. They rarely offer deals and I got mixed quotes trying to book direct. They actually haven't got back to me after I queried the quote....... and a few reviewers have posted about problems with charges so I guess you just have to go forewarned :)

There is a good thread here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g308255-i11196-k42… that I enjoyed going through and there are heaps of other discussion on the Malolo forum that you could find interesting along with the reviews of course.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me about Malolo

Thanks Tez....it's so confusing, so many decisions....I'm still heading towards a return to amunuca but sometimes it is good to go somewhere different too so I'm torn! Oh well more reading for me...

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me about Malolo

We've now booked to go back to Treasure. We figured that we know what we're getting there and it suits us fine. Particularly after we did a daytrip to Castaway and really couldn't see what all the hype was about. Certainly couldn't see the value in paying so much more to stay there. Will do a daytrip to Malolo this time and check it out.

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me about Malolo

I have stayed at Amanuca and found the beach very shallow and you had to get to the drop off for decent snorkeling. I did however, love the views at meal times. Treasure was much better for snorkeling and we enjoyed the evening meals. Haven't been since they put the new pool in but it looks great. We intend to return to Treasure but this time are going to Mana. I have done a day trip to Malolo and the rooms are lovely. I wasn't all that impressed by it but havent stayed there. We discovered an amazing little island called Navini Island and we are also going there. It is the most beautiful island with fantastic snorkeling. I would recommend you split your holiday between Navini Island and another

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me about Malolo

Navini is magical, small and friendly with great views and an amazing ree. Malolo and Amanuca are very different resorts. Malolo being much smaller in size and guest numbers. Think it would be my choice maybe that and Navini. Navini can do your transfers either to or from Malolo too and take you back or pick you up from the airport.

Edited: 1:33 am, July 16, 2011
UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me about Malolo

Check out my review on Malolo, see if it helps.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me about Malolo

thanks again for the info...hmmm still not sure though..lol

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me about Malolo

If you love Amunuca - go back there! At least you know for sure what you are getting and that you will enjoy yourselves. A couple of TA regulars strongly advised us against going to Treasure but we loved it and really couldn't see the value of the extra cost at Castaway. You may find yourself in the same position with Malolo. Why not do a daytrip out there while you're in Denarau to check it out for next trip???

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me about Malolo

i spoke to a freind on weekend who went to Amanuca and they prefered Mana i have been to treasure and amanuca and prefered treasure.... try somewhere different

Auckland
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me about Malolo

Hi there ... I have a review on Malolo if you want to read it! It was just amazing, and I would love to go back. It's small enough to feel intimate, but definitely not 'too small'. We had nothing to criticise as far as the food was concerned. Actually, there were no faults at all! We're planning a trip to Fiji with our children this time, but unfortunately our budget won't allow us to go to Malolo again, so I'm finding it SO hard to settle on anywhere else, as my heart is set on Malolo! It was just perfect!! Check out my review!