We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malolo Island resort or Musket Cove? + weather in March?

Which Malolo Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Malolo Island resort or Musket Cove? + weather in March?

Hi

This will be my first time to Fiji but hubby has worked in Nadi quite a number of years ago for about 6 months.

After much research we've decided to forego the coral coast and denarau and head to Malolo Island as we want the clear water and white sands.

We have 2 children aged 2 and 4 and are seeking accommodation where the children (or us) will have a separate bedroom. This is so they won't be disrupted by us after going to bed around 7pm. What resort and rooms do you think would suit us best?

Also, is March likely to have lots of rain on the island?

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malolo Island resort or Musket Cove? + weather in March?

Hi,

A deluxe ocean view bure has a separate bedroom, this worked well for us when we went in march this year, though our 4 yr old stayed at kids club til 9 every evening he loved it so much while the 18 month old had a nanny at the bure while he slept!

Weather in march was beautiful!!!! A light shower throughout the night but apart from that perfect!

Enjoy, we loved it so much we are going back in January and April!

Happy holidaying!

Edited: 7:14 pm, October 09, 2010
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malolo Island resort or Musket Cove? + weather in March?

Hello Vici

Musket Cove resort does have 2 bedroom 2 bathroom resort villas with a spa on the deck. Suitable for familes Armstrong villas are right on the water so not recommended for young children

However if I had a 2 and a 4 year old I'd go to Malolo Resort, as there's more children's facilities there. I'd also look at Castaway Island Resort, it's not all that far from Malolo.

3. Re: Malolo Island resort or Musket Cove? + weather in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 08, 2011