We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walu Resort - Anyone Been Recently?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Walu Resort - Anyone Been Recently?

Has anyone recently visited Walu Resort? What sorts of travellers go there? The website is geared to singles but what would it be like for a family with young children?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Walu Resort - Anyone Been Recently?

We stayed at Walu for 2 nights at the end of Feb. There was 2 adults and 2 children aged 9 & 6. We stayed in the 2 bedroom, beachfront bure.

Yes the resort is a little rundown. BUT, I loved it!! We had a great time there. It is a very basic resort, with very basic meals. However the weather was fantastic, the pool was clean and cool, the bure was clean and comfortable and for the price it was great.

I do know that the resort had a few "ownership" issues, which are now all over and they are looking forward to moving onwards and upwards. There isnt a kids club, but there was plenty for my kids to do. They fed fish, kyaked, and collected heaps os shells.

So I would recomend this place for a basic island get away, with a very friendly, small feel to it.

12. Re: Walu Resort - Anyone Been Recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 30, 2010