We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - September 2010 - Mana or Malolo or Castaways ?

Which Malolo Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cairns
8 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon - September 2010 - Mana or Malolo or Castaways ?

We are planning on honeymooning in Fiji in September 2010. We want somewhere romantic but still with all the activites such as jet skiing etc.. we dont mind kids on the island but not over crowed with them. we have looked at castaways, mana and malolo but we dont which would be best suited for what we are looking for! Please help! :)

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon - September 2010 - Mana or Malolo or Castaways ?

Hi

September is Australian school holidays and so Mana and Castaway will be full of kids.I would go for Malolo.Depending on your budget there are a few islands that do not take kids that may be worth checking out.

Regards Tracy

Canberra
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon - September 2010 - Mana or Malolo or Castaways ?

Hi, can i suggest you also look into Matamanoa island. We haven't been back there for a few years - it was beautiful, you can snorkel off the beach, kayak around the island, walk to the top of the island - no kids under 12! Not sure if the pool has been done up - it was just average then - but we never used it as the beach and everything else was amazing. Went to Castaway last year and loved it too - suggest that's better for families (and Malolo). Mana is a very large resort. Maybe you could split the honeymoon - 7 days on an island and 5 days on the mainland so you can golf, tennis, swim in huge pools, visit villages etc. I love the islands the best for beaches and snorkelling!

good luck

K

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon - September 2010 - Mana or Malolo or Castaways ?

Agree with naviti94......since it will be Australian school holidays and the most popular time to travel to Fiji, I would find an adults only resort. Try Viwa, Matamanoa, Likuliku or Tokoriki.

4. Re: Honeymoon - September 2010 - Mana or Malolo or Castaways ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2010