We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north olmsted, ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

We are looking at both places for 3 bedrooms for July 4th-8th for a family of 5 (all adults).Prices are similar for what's available. We prefer a smaller place in a quieter area of the beach. Anybody with local knowledge have an opinion?We are first timers to the area from Ohio, moving on to New Orleans after our beach stay. Thanks!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

Romar House is much smaller and will definitely be less crowded than the Racquet Club. Romar House has traditionally been known for their romantic vacation packages. I have stayed there before and absolutely loved it. Haven't been there since Hurricane Ivan though. The Racquet Club is your typical older large scale cookie cutter condominium complex on the beach.

north olmsted, ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

Thanks for your help! Will definitely go with Romar House.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

I guess I have to be the oddball. I haven't stayed at the Romar House so I can't say anything negative about the place. But I have stayed at the Seaside Beach & Racquet Club in the Tennis Villas they called them. Yes the complex is older but grounds is well landscaped and nice and I felt it was family oriented. They have the Tennis Villas, then they have the other buildings, which are Building 3 which is located directly beachfront with a smaller pool in front of it, then they have Building 4 which has beachview and a big pool in front of it, then they have Building 5 which is little set back but you can still see the big pool and the beach some, these buildings have 9 floors if I remember right. Before I forget they also have a indoor pool by the Tennis Villas. Which was nice on our rainy day. It also has a sauna and a workout room, but I didn't see the workout room personally. It has grills on the premises and a few picnic tables. The only downfall is if you need the restroom you will have to go back to your room, there no public restrooms near the pool area. What was also nice Adventure Island is across the street and another arcade place opened up while we was there also across the street but can't recall the name. But this year we are staying in Building 5 and hope it is just as good as last year. Its each persons personal reference in what they looking for. I liked it because they had alot of families there, its in a good area in walking distance to different things. Plus nearby grocery stores and restaurants. Been on dolphin cruises, kids been paradailing, the men tried the fishing trip , have gone to Waterville and the Track. The only thing I haven't seen yet or went to is the Zoo and the Naval Aviation the Blue Angels I think they call them. So I think this area has alot to offer know matter where you stay. Just have a great vacation!!! Just to let you know Robert C gives good information out, he has already helped me out when I had a question. So if he says the Romar House is a nice place it probably is. So you have fun!!!

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

The only thing I would like to ask Robert C what do mean by cookie cutter condominium complex. I thought it was nice place, at least the room I stayed in at the Tennis Villas. But I knew there was no beach view from the room I stayed in though. It is a older complex, but the grounds are well maintained at least while we was there. Just curious on what that phrase means. Thanks

north olmsted, ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. We are definitely looking forward to our first trip to the area!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

What I meant by cookie cutter is that there are thousands of units available in the various complexes around Gulf Shores and Orange Beach that are all very similar. You could get a virtually identical unit in another complex. Individual units will differ according to each owner's tastes though. Not to say they aren't nice in any way.

7. Re: Seaside Beach and Racquet vs Romar House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 09, 2015