We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Finding Hotel

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Help Finding Hotel

I'm having trouble finding a reasonably priced condo for the last week in June. Can anyone recommend hotels that I might try? I'd like gulf-front, with a small sitting area and kitchenette. A bedroom separate from the living/sitting area would be even better. It's just myself, husband and 11 yo son. We were looking at Orange Beach but Gulf Shores is okay too. Thanks!

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Finding Hotel

Not sure what you mean by "reasonably priced". It is high season down here, so condos and hotels are getting premium rates. You might want to try a condo across the street from the beach like Lani Kai or Gentle Winds East or Seahorse. There are a bunch of them. On the rental company websites like Meyer and Kaiser they will say "Gulf Oriented" or "Gulf View".

As far as hotels, the Best Western in Gulf Shores may have what you're looking for.

Indiana
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Finding Hotel

I've seen prices as high as $1500-$1800 for a 1 bedroom, 2 bath condo for the last week in June. I can't justify paying that for 3 people - we went to Cancun several years ago to an all-inclusive resort for just a little more than that and we were right on the beach. I know that it's high season, but I really thought we'd be able to find something gulf-front for around $1,000. I'm sure that all of the good deals were taken long ago - we just couldn't commit until now because of other obligations.

I'll look at the Best Western. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Finding Hotel

I just checked Meyer and they have an Emerald Skye 1BR available that week for $1122 per week. ES is Gulf Front in Orange Beach. That's about the cheapest GF I found. I also found a SeaBreeze 2 BR across the street from the beach for $828 per week. Nice property with some decent views, especially from the unit I saw available.

You used the term "several years ago" more than once in your posts, and prices have gone up everywhere in the past several years.

Indiana
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Finding Hotel

I missed the Emerald Skye condo - I'll check that out. I don't know about staying across the street. We've had some bad experiences with condos "across the street" where we've ended up walking a half-mile or more (not fun with towels, chairs, drinks, toys and a kid). I guess it was my fault for not asking exactly how far they were across the street.

Actually, there are great deals on trips to Cancun in the summer even now. I priced an all-inclusive resort a few weeks ago for $2100 for 7 days for the 3 of us, including all meals, airfare and round trip transportation to/from the airport. I was surprised that the prices haven't went up much at all - not like here in the US. The problem is that we don't have passports and they are required now. I've never been to GS so I can't speak for it, but I'm definitely a fan of Mexico! Gorgeous water & scenery and very gracious people. :)

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Finding Hotel

You'll llove it down here, although there are probably people down here who think Yankees should have a passport to come here. :)

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Finding Hotel

Try looking into the phoenix all suites, and all suites west...(my favorite of the two)

We stayed in september last year and it was perfect, full kitchens, bath and a half, king bedroom, all the rooms are beach front with a view, and no deposit to be returned, like with a condo....

we rented thru Brett robinson..

www.brett-robinson.com

They were super clean, as well as the grounds...

we were just next door last week at the Island tower,

And the property looked great still............

we stayed in september for $99.00 a night

Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Finding Hotel

Try www.VRBO.com We have rented from this website many times and so far it has all worked out well. We stayed at the Emerald Skye last year and loved it! It is right on the beach with very little walking. Lots of places are booking up so I would check as soon as possible.

8. Re: Help Finding Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 03, 2009