We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Alley and Riverfront Tunnel at night?

Which Montgomery hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
168 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
The Alley and Riverfront Tunnel at night?

Can anyone tell me if the structure in front of 'The Alley' is still standing (144 Tallapoosa St)? And are the lights on at night pointed at the structure? I'm a photographer and would like to get some night photos of it this Tuesday night.

Also, is that area safe after dark - from there to the Riverfront Tunnel?

Thanks!

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Alley and Riverfront Tunnel at night?

I'm going to the Alley for dinner this evening. The last time I was there, I remember the lights were still on the old water tower. If it's not too late, I can re-post later this evening to conform. I feel safe in the area. It's usually pretty busy down there and there is a good police presence. I probably wouldn't be really late.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
168 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Alley and Riverfront Tunnel at night?

Great! I expect to be there just before/after sundown. Would like to park nearby, and walk from that area through Commerce Street, and down to the riverfront park area for photos. Then of course, walk back to the parked van. So likely 6pm-10pm timeframe.

Hope you enjoy your evening! Looking forward to hearing back about the lighting, and in my situation, I'll be standing with a tripod for long-exposure photos, and roaming from spot to spot taking shots using the tripod - would that look out of place in those areas? Thanks again.

Edited: 6:43 pm, May 04, 2013
Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Alley and Riverfront Tunnel at night?

The lights were on last night. There are several flood lights attached to the bottom of the tank, pointing up. There are no lights on the "legs" which support it. There is one light under the tank in the center pointing down onto the sidewalk. I appears to be LED and changes color.

IMO, your using a tripod, taking photos, etc. would look less out of place there than in most any other public space.

We did enjoy our evening, thanks.

4. Re: The Alley and Riverfront Tunnel at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 12, 2014