We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores in Mobile

Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Stores in Mobile

What is the biggest store with the most selection in Mobile. We are staying in Dauphin Island and need to get groceries someplace. I looked them up on google, but I am not familiar with any of them. So the names mean nothing to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Stores in Mobile

Super Wal-Mart would be the best for one-stop-shopping.

Other than that, Winn Dixie or Brunos would be equally stocked.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Stores in Mobile

I have found the brunos in gulf shores really expensive...But it is the main one that tourist went to before wal-mart came to town...So I am not sure if the one in mobile is bad price wise....

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Stores in Mobile

I know this is probably too late for your trip, but in case others want to know the same thing.

There is a Super-Walmart at Tillman's Corner by I-65(Rangeline Road Way).

Closer to Dauphin Island, we just go to the Greer's Food tiger. It's the closest and is well-stocked. Also, Dollar stores are right there as well for beach stuff. Prices aren't ridiculous. About 15 minutes away.

4. Re: Grocery Stores in Mobile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 02, 2009