We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Dog Day

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Dog Day

I sure would like to be at the Dew Drop Inn for a hotdog...any day

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Dog Day

Dave, had the hot dog at DDI a while back. Ordered it without kraut and it was pretty darn good. IMHO, the best dog east of the Mississippi is found at the Billiard Academy in Thomasville, GA. DON'T miss it if you are in that neck of the woods. I do think, though, that nothing compares to Pink's Hot Dogs on La Brea in LA (Los Angeles, not Lower Alabama).

Edited: 10:54 pm, July 24, 2015
Mentioned in this post
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
Pink's Hot Dogs
Pink's Hot Dogs
1,482 Reviews
West Hollywood, CA
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Alabama
Alabama
United States
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Dog Day

My wife thinks I am a little crazy to order DDI hotdog when I could have their crabmeat omelette sandwich.

Mobile, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Alabama
Level Contributor
90 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Dog Day

I think it's sinful to eat at DDI and not have a Hot Dog.

4. Re: Hot Dog Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 29, 2016