We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local spots

pompton plains, NJ
8 posts
Save Topic
local spots

I'm coming to the area for my first time during the weekend of July 29th for a few days. As well, I am planning to stay close to downtown south of Hwy. 10 near the US Coast Guard.

During my travels I wanted to meet some locals and find out if there any good dives recommended for a few drinks. As well, are there any local dishes that I should try when dining out?

Also, are there neighborhoods or sections of town which you do recommend to travelers to frequent.

How long is the drive to Pensacola on a typical Sunday during July?

Thanks for your help in advance. Take care.

south
Level Contributor
235 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local spots

Pensacola is a 45 minute drive from downtown Mobile. In Mobile, Wentzels's has great seafood in a fun atmosphere; anything on the menu is a good choice.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local spots

Try the Fried Alligator Bites at the Original Oyster House.

3. Re: local spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 14, 2009