We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO to Mobile by bus?

Which Mobile hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ledyard, Connecticut
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
NO to Mobile by bus?

We will be in NO in April, and would like to go visit Mobile. However, my husband hates to drive. Has anyone taken a Greyhound bus instead? (I don’t think Amtrak goes there). How many days would you recommend staying there?

Gulf Coast, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: NO to Mobile by bus?

I live in Mobile and I think driving would be your best option. It's Interstate 10 all the way and it's an easy 2½-hour drive and, unless they've started in the past three months, there is no construction.

The weather will be pleasant in April. How you you stay depends on what you want to do. The battleship Alabama takes a half day. If you're into flowers, Bellingrath Gardens is a nice afternoon. Other than that...? If you're into Civil War history, Ft Gaines, out on Dauphin Island, is interesting. Other than that... Mobile is just a rest stop for folks headed to the Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores. If you stop at the bettleship, I recommend Ed's Seafood or Oyster House on the Causeway for some good seafood.

Gulf Coast, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NO to Mobile by bus?

I live in Mobile and I think driving would be your best option. It's Interstate 10 all the way and it's an easy 2½-hour drive and, unless they've started in the past three months, there is no construction.

The weather will be pleasant in April. How you you stay depends on what you want to do. The battleship Alabama takes a half day. If you're into flowers, Bellingrath Gardens is a nice afternoon. Other than that...? If you're into Civil War history, Ft Gaines, out on Dauphin Island, is interesting. Other than that... Mobile is just a rest stop for folks headed to the Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores. If you stop at the bettleship, I recommend Ed's Seafood or Oyster House on the Causeway for some good seafood.

3. Re: NO to Mobile by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mobile