We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile - where to stay

Nevada
Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mobile - where to stay

Traveling to Montgomery in mid July to visit family. Planning to fly to New Orleans and drive to Mobile and stay overnight to visit with friend haven't seen in a long time. Need suggestions on where to stay. Thanks.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile - where to stay

I always tell people to stay downtown, but your friend may live in West Mobile. I don't know out there? Hampton Inn?

There are a lot of hotels at the Beltline. Marriot Courtyard & Asbury Suites are good choices. Avoid the budget ones, unless you enjoy hanging out with the drug crowd and possible prostitutes.

If your friend lives in Midtown, that is very close to downtown. You can find good deals at the Battle House hotel ( Renaissance brand) in the summer, heard around 160 per night. 5 star,really nice.

Also Renaissance brand hotel down the street is the Riverview Renaissance.

Another great option is the new Holiday Inn, top looks like a spaceship- it's on Government Street. Very nice, much nicer than the usual Holiday Inn- really like a Hilton. Good deal probably. I've been in all three since we rent downtown during Mardi Gras.

Some good B & B's are My Victorian Inn, downtown and Berney Fly B & B (Midtown, has pool!). Kate Shephard house is also nice (Midtown).

Nevada
Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile - where to stay

Thanks for the info - especially about staying at a budget place. Since it is for one night we had thought about that. Not now. You gave us some good ideas.

Licking, MIssouri
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile - where to stay

Hello....I was reading your forum and found your recommendations for the Holiday Inn on Gov Street! How close is that to the seaport? We are taking the carnival cruiseline out of Mobile in February and needed some good recommendations for hotel, parking (maybe the hotel will let us part the car?) and restaurants....all closeby the seaport?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobile - where to stay

use this for suggestions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/ There they will tell you who has used what hotels for shuttles and parking

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobile - where to stay

Thinking of going to a wedding in June. It's at the downtown Episcopal church/cathedral. What is near there? I like the recommendations given, but I don't know the city so I got confused with Westside-eastside, etc.? Thank you in advance.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobile - where to stay

Correction...further confusion. The wedding is in mid-twon.

All Saints' Episcopal Church in midtown Mobile. The address is 151 S Ann St. Mobile.

Hope that helps.

Alabama
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobile - where to stay

Mobile has many nifty B & B's !!

8. Re: Mobile - where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, December 04, 2009