We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

attrractions

Which Mobile hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
259 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
attrractions

Hi there

We are coming from Missouri and passing thru Mobile on our way to Destin Florida....

Im looking for things to see and do. We will be spending the night there also. I will need a hotel room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: attrractions

What type of attractions are you looking for?

If you want something kid friendly, the Gulf Coast Exploreum is in downtown Mobile. Besides the hands on exhibits, they also have a reptile show that is showing through September 23rd. They are also showing an IMAX film, "Hurricane on the Bayou" that runs until early October.

We also have a really nice Mardi Gras museum. Since Mardi Gras in the US actually originated in Mobile, there is quite a bit to see and the ball gowns and costumes on display are gorgeous.

For history buffs, Battleship Memorial Park is located on the causeway and is home to the USS Alabama. There is also an aircraft pavilion at the park.

If you're traveling without children, there are some nice bars in the Dauphin Street area that cater to a wide range of musical tastes.

When are you planning on passing through?

Missouri
Level Contributor
259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: attrractions

thanks alot!

We are comin thru on August 11th. We plan to spend the night in a motel. I still have to find a good reasonably priced one and make the reservations.

Mobile
Level Contributor
212 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: attrractions

If you stay just across the I-10 Bayway from Mobile, you can stay in Daphne, AL. It's just across the bay, close to downtown Mobile (about 7 miles on I-10). There is a Hampton Inn, a Hilton Garden Inn, a Comfort Suites and a Microtel all within a few hundred yards of I-10, and a number of dining choices in the area. It is more convenient and safer than downtown, but still close to a lot of what you might want to do. If you felt like a short drive, Fairhope on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay is a quaint little town with some decent shopping during the daytime hours.

While in Destin, if you have time, drive over to Seaside FL and look around. It is a neat little beach town.

4. Re: attrractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mobile