We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for things to do

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
170 posts
207 reviews
Suggestions for things to do

We'll be driving from Houston to Orlando next week but stopping for the night on the other side of the bay in Spanish Fort. I planned on leaving Houston early to get there at a good time and maybe look around Mobile. I was all excited about the Maritime Museum only to find out it's closed on Mondays, which is when we'll be there. Any suggestions on something else we could do? We'll have kids age 11, 5, 4. Thanks in advance for your help.

6 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Suggestions for things to do

You could tour the USS Alabama. Pretty sure it is open every day. Also you'll be close to Fairhope which is a really cool little town with great restaurants and shopping and they have a large pier on the bay that is nice.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
170 posts
207 reviews
2. Re: Suggestions for things to do

Thanks for your reply Jimmy. I did look into the USS Alabama and might end up doing that. I'll also look into Fairhope and see if we can do both!

Level Contributor
484 posts
1 review
3. Re: Suggestions for things to do

There are things to do right there...

Gator Alley https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Meaher State Park

Five Rivers Resource Center

Delta Airboats

All at or near 98/causeway where Uss Alabama is.

Level Contributor
484 posts
1 review
4. Re: Suggestions for things to do

Be sure to eat at one of the several good seafood restaurants on the causeway...Except Ralph and Cacoos.

Felix, Original Oysterhouse, Eds, Blue Gill, R and R all great.

Level Contributor
484 posts
1 review
5. Re: Suggestions for things to do

With kids, this welcome center is a must stop. . East of Breaux Bridge a few miles, eady on and off

https:/…index

Edited: 4:17 pm, June 27, 2018
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
170 posts
207 reviews
6. Re: Suggestions for things to do

Thank you Dave, I will look into all of those and try out one of those restaurants.

Reply to: Suggestions for things to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted