We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

HI to all,

I do not like to purchase tickets on-line. Can I buy tickets for bus / coach to Melaka from KLIA at KLIA once I fly in to the airport:ie is there a ticket counter for Transnational there or do I have to go to KLIA 2 to buy tickets and get on board.

Thanks in anticipation of your answers

Von on Tour

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

Hi,

You could buy ticket at KLIA bus stop but try to have exact amount in case the driver does not have change.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

Thankyou AlexMcca,

Von on Tour

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

I have just spent a long time sorting a bus ticket from KLIA2 to Melaka. Although the KLIA2 site says Transnational is the operator for this trip when I went to their booking site it said there were no seats available. I am booking for 12th May 2015, so a long way ahead and I was surprised at this. I tried phoning but no reply. Eventually I found easybook.com where you can buy tickets for this journey. The bus operator is not Transnational it is Starmart express.

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
4. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

There are 2 operators running the KLIA-Melaka route: Transnasional and Starmart. Many companies only sell tickets up to one month before the departure date. I suspect that is why you can't buy Transnasional tickets for May.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

All buses depart from KLIA 1 bus terminal which is at the ground floor after crossing the overhead connection bridge and move to KLIA 2 to pick up more passenger.

If you arrive early just jump on to any as your case Starmart bus that arrive .It is not necessary to follow rigidly the time of booking.

Actually it is not necessary to prebook cos there are very frequent departure from KLIA to Malacca

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

We are arriving at KLIA 2 at 4 am on Sunday, March 27 and was wondering what would be the earliest departure to Melaka that morning. I see from recent posts that you can buy tickets at the airport on arrival and want to confirm that is possible with both Starmart and Transnational or should I buy before arrival. Any preference between the two? And is taxi really an option for such a long distance? What would the price be for a taxi versus a bus for two people? Thanks for any input!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

@VaHay

You should not have a problem getting tickets at the counter arriving that early. From what I can find, Starmart has a bus at 6.30am and Transnasional 7.45am.

It is possible to take a taxi (it's a 2 hour drive) but it will cost a lot more at RM160-200.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

Thanks so much! We will probably wait and just catch the first available if there is no real difference between the two Bus companies. Didn't know if people thought one better or safer than the other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

Could you please update on whether or not you were able to purchase bus tickets at KLIA airport arrivals? Was there a counter? And were you able to board the bus from KLIA itself? Thanks.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
10. Re: Travel from KLIA or KLIA2 to Melaka with Transnational

Hi

You can buy your tickets at the bus station which is at ground level. Just follow the signs. For times you can try this link:

easybook.com/easibookNew/mobileLanding.aspx