We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aldy hotel melaka

manchester
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
aldy hotel melaka

well i think iv found the hotel we may stay in!! its the aldy hotel in melaka

has any one stayed here or any info on it thanks maggieomx

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: aldy hotel melaka

Maggie,

I have stayed a few nights at The Aldy this year. Its in the old part of town just next to the police station and the tourist info office is right on the corner of the road.

The rooms are nice (comfortable & clean) and it is value for money. They have a nice restuarant on the ground floor (openair) and they do BBQ's on the roof. They have wifi available to. And a great cocktail if thats your thing. Good breakfasts, should be included in the price, are cooked to order in the restuarant

Its a good base for the historical sites of old Melaka.

One of the better ones to stay at without going Int class.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aldy hotel melaka

hiya robylyn how are you are liveing you in the uk?

well we booked the aldy hotel melaka is the hotel centralish to most things? is it far to the sea? cant wait now its only 9 weeks till we go do you think we will be haveing b-b-qs on the roof in december??

cant wait to go now its absolutley lagging it down here i need some heat to my old bones!! thanks maggieomx

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aldy hotel melaka

Hi Maggie,

Malacca has no seasonality and rain less than KL. You should be able to have roof top open air BBQ. I know how the cold winter can be like in the UK, having lived in London few years ago.

While I have not stayed in Aldy hotel, being a local and all, I have had drink at the hotel's bar on the ground floor which is open to public. So you can drink and do people grazing on the weekend when there are a lot of tourists. However, I must say the price of alcohol is high and the bar can't do cocktails well.

Malaccan beach in the town is very poluted, so it's not worth going to any beach. Nicer and quite beach is about 1 hour away towards Port Dickson.

I hope you have a good time in Malacca, try to stay one of the weekend as there is weekend market from Friday to Sunday in china town (jonker street).

Take care

Alex

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aldy hotel melaka

hiya alex thanks for your reply to my post, im not into cocktails thats a good job isnt it id rather have a nice pint of lager!! so i,l be sat on the pavement watching the world go by!!

im staying at the aldy 15th december till 19th december which is the friday till the tuesday thats luck isnt it so i,l be able to go to jonker streetnot bothered about the beach but would like to go to see the sea though, we are near the river i think?? do boats go along the river? cant wait to go now thanks for the post maggieomx

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: aldy hotel melaka

Hi, there are boats doing the cruise along Malacca river. The last time, I went on it, it was for 40-50 minutes, and I paid RM10.00/adult.We boarded the boat after a bridge,called the Tan Kim Seng bridge.

The cruise boat comes with a canopy to shelter one from the heat.

Your Aldy hotel is within walking distance to the boarding point.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aldy hotel melaka

hiya mkiratravel where abouts is this bridge?? is it near the aldy hotel as i dont know the area yet laura would live to go on this boat trip thanks maggieomx

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aldy hotel melaka

Hi Maggie,

The small bridge, the tourism office and the river cruise company is all next to each other on the road opposite hotel Aldy. You won't miss it. It is the heart of histrical places of interest.

The river cruise company also operates boat services like the one going to Pulau Besar (Big Island) which has a resort and clean beach. You can get lots of info under the following web site.

http://www.malacca.ws/index.htm

The famous Melaka river leads to the sea within eye sight during the river cruise. The shore along the reclaimed part of town (Melaka Raya : the whole commercial area in front of A Formosa and Equatorial) has been reclaimed continuously that it's difficult to see the shore from the town any more. Hopefully the man-made island visible from Century Mahkota hotel will be completed soon. From this island which has a road bridge to it, the water should be clearer.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: aldy hotel melaka

Hi, when you stepped out of Aldy Hotel, within stone throw away, is the "red center", viz. Stadthuys Clock Tower, and also the Stadthuys Victoria Fountain, and just after the clock tower, across the road, is a tourist police office, and from here, you will see the bridge(Tan Kim Seng).

With Aldy Hotel's strategic location, you will find many of the historical sites and even the berthing point of the Malacca River Cruise, within close reach to you.

9. Re: aldy hotel melaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, August 26, 2009