We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Melaka from KL

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
253 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Melaka from KL

Hello,

We plan to do a day trip by bus to visit Melaka during our trip to KL. We hope we can get some help from TA fellow travelers since we have some questions:

1. Is there any bus that departs from (and gets back to) KL Sentral or is TBS the only option ?

2. Which bus companies would you recommend to take if concern is about safety and comfort ?

3. Where can we look for bus schedule ? If not possible, what time (approximately) is the last bus back to KL ?

4. We will be there around Christmas time. Is that considered peak time when we have to buy bus tickets in advance ?

5. Once in Melaka, is there a local bus to go to town center (is yes, what bus number is that?) or is taxi the only option ?

Thank you in advance.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Melaka from KL

Hi dolcevita42,

Melaka is great for a day trip from KL. Transportation on the whole is very safe in Malaysia, they have beautiful highways and Melaka is on route. Becuase Christmas is a public holiday (one day only) it would be best if you prebook your ticket although, it falling mid week will lessen the number of people travelling as they would have left the weekend before. It will not be like the US or any Western country. There are many buses to and fro KL Melaka. Just google for the various companies and times.

However, just thought I would let you know that taxis are very reasonable as long as you don't get it from your hotel. In most Asian countries, there is a very high premium for hotel services eg airport transfers, drinks and food, etc. To travel out of KL, you have to go to the outstation taxi stand and they charge per person. You can book the whole taxi by paying for 4 seats and they will usually drop you off where you want to go without extra charge. If you wish, you can negotiate for them to take you back at a certain time and they will either come themselves or send another taxi. If there is more than 2 of you, do consider this option. I usually do that when I travel within Malaysia saving me a lot of time and effort. Hope you enjoy Malaysia!

2. Re: Day trip to Melaka from KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 30, 2014