We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip notes of Malaysia & Cambodia this segment Melaka

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip notes of Malaysia & Cambodia this segment Melaka

Malacca I trust this may assist some - also see Singapore

We have now booked and travelled with Luxury Buses from Singapore to Melaka and have found them to be efficient, attentive and thorough in particular going through the border check points, they also assist by trying to drop off most passengers as close to their accommodation as possible. The only negative if any was the bus this time was not quite up to the same standard/condition inside as the one we had taken two years prior – but no issue. We stayed in old China Town this time decide to spend a little more and stayed at a great little guesthouse on the river/canal (which is a controlled flow and if really drained doesn’t show off its best side but we know this is SE Asia). Malaka still has some of the last the old artisans that a great people to watch and spend time with, the traditional beaded slipper man who would typically sew on 14/18000 tiny beads to the shoes, in little India one of last small spice grinders/producers using equipment that was around during the colonial times, blacksmiths and many more – actually one of blacksmiths premises unfortunately burnt down just days before we arrived. Anyway back to our next move which was to Georgetown Penang

Georgetown Penang

Planned exit from Melaka was via a Transnational bus to KLIA, trying to book online was halted several times but I know there has over some years (including me) been much discussion on ‘where to catch’ and how - let me add and I trust it helps – there is the option to catch the bus direct from Melaka which negates the need to take a taxi or a different bus to Melaka Sentral – you hop on at Mahkota Medical Centre – not that there is anything to indicate this, obviously this will only works if its fits your schedule

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,885 posts
5,898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip notes of Malaysia & Cambodia this segment Melaka

Thanks for the Trip Report, ausnomad.

Enjoyed reading it. What about attractions in Melaka, which did you enjoy the most? And what about restaurants and food, any thoughts to share future readers of this thread?

2. Re: Trip notes of Malaysia & Cambodia this segment Melaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 24, 2014