We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak-hour traffic to avoid and Portuguese settlement

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Peak-hour traffic to avoid and Portuguese settlement

Hi

We are going to malacca on a weekday. Hoping to leave sg around 6:30-7am and arriving malacca around 9:30-10am. Could I check how the traffic will be like from NS-highway exit to malacca town? Will I get stuck in the morning rush hour traffic?

I'd also like to ask you about traffic to Portuguese settlement from Markota area. Is there an evening peak hour traffic that I should avoid? Do the restaurants there close completely on Monday and Tuesdays?

From the reviews I read, stall no 1 seems to be fav, follow by no 4 and 7. If I'm looking for dryish salted egg crabs and nice sambal stingray, which one would you recommend? Do they have mantis prawns?

The rain is really heavy in sg as i type this. I'm crossing my fingers for good weather in malacca :-)

Thanks

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak-hour traffic to avoid and Portuguese settlement

Nothing to worry about traffic from NS Hiway exit to Malacca City. There will be lots of cars but the traffic will be flowing steadily. Some stretch you may encounnter long waiting time at the traffic light but it will be manageable. If you are driving then please check "plustrafik" on twitter to know about traffic condition on the hiway.

Traffic to Portugese settlement is not bad even furing rush hours. For your info,

traffic around Malacca City tend to get worse on weekends and public holidays.

I was in JB for the past 3 days before travelling to Malacca yesterday. Seems the weather in Malacca is similiar to JB and Singapore, information I gathered from my friends tell me that it rains almost every evening. Today it started raining at noon.

Sorry cant answer your questions about the shops in PS. Enjoy yr holiday. :-)

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak-hour traffic to avoid and Portuguese settlement

Thanks Awang, it's a relieve to know that traffic will still move :-)

3. Re: Peak-hour traffic to avoid and Portuguese settlement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 16, 2013