We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jonker Street opening hours and transport to Mahkota Parade

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Jonker Street opening hours and transport to Mahkota Parade

I am planning to stay near Jonker Street during my stay, and I would like to ask some questions to help in my planning:

1. I want to shop for crafts and souvenirs along Jonker Street in the day. What time do the shops usually open in the morning, and close for the night market?

2. Is Mahkota Parade within walking distance? I am travelling with my parents, so not sure if they can walk far. Are there buses from Jonker Street to Mahkota Parade?

Thank you.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jonker Street opening hours and transport to Mahkota Parade

MP is just a stroll away.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jonker Street opening hours and transport to Mahkota Parade

Hi Sphoon

The souvenir shops and restaurants in Jonker Walk usually open from 10am and close around 10pm-11pm during weekends.

The best time to visit Jonker Walk before the night market is late morning before the weekend crowd arrives. You can stroll around here from 9am after your breakfasy when it is still not too warm.

Afternoon is best spent in shopping malls as Jonker Walk walkway is exposed under the relentless Melaka sun. From Jonker Walk, 5-10minutes to Dataran Pahlawan (with half of the road pedestrianised) and Mahkota Parade is across the street.

You can take the Panorama buses from Dutch Square (Red Houses) and alight at the bus stop outside Mahkota Parade. The waiting may be long and the bus can be crowded, so it is not worth taking the 5 minutes bus ride.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jonker Street opening hours and transport to Mahkota Parade

Thank you for the advise :D

4. Re: Jonker Street opening hours and transport to Mahkota Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 07, 2013