We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fine dining in melaka?

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
fine dining in melaka?

Hi, my partner and I will be heading down for a 3d2n trip to melaka for her birthday, and we are hoping to have dinner in a nice restaurant.

Of course, we are keen to try the street food and the seafood at the portuguese settlement, but I was hoping for a restaurant with nice ambience for one of the nights.

We are looking for something along the lines of steak, seafood, japanese or western/european cuisine. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fine dining in melaka?

Not many fine dining restsurants in Melaka, just head to any 5 star hotels where U can get delicious western meals.

singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fine dining in melaka?

thank you. i managed to find two restaurants and get hold of their menus- marriot's olio italian and holiday in's sirocco. any reviews on either much appreciated!

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fine dining in melaka?

Hi

There are limited fine dining and Olio in Renaissance and Sirocco in Holiday Inn are two of them. Below are some reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g306997-d2…

chasingfooddreams.com/2012/04/sirocco-holida…

You could also try The River Grill at Casa del Rio close to Jonker Walk or The Mansion at Majestic Hotel. All in all, the few fine dinning places are all in 4-5 stars hotels

Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fine dining in melaka?

Er....you didn't mention Chinese cuisine.

But if you're looking for fine dining and good food - Chinese cuisine - I would recommend Beizhan Restaurant.

The food can be a bit pricy by local standards, but it is tasty. The service is also good. And I aso quite like the ambience.

So you might want to check out Beizhan : )

singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fine dining in melaka?

Thanks for the info, guys!

Re: the Chinese restaurant- perhaps we will head there for lunch or a tea break. Do you know if they serve dimsum or finger foods?

Malacca has so much good food it seems like my 3d2n there is not enough to conquer even half of what's available! My partner and I will defo try to stuff our faces there.

Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fine dining in melaka?

You can always google Beizhan on the internet.

The last time I visited their web site, they even had their menu there together with the pricing.

I don't think they serve dim sum. I'm not too sure, but I don't think so.

You can always check it out on the internet. You might also want to take note of their opening hours. Cause they are one of those restaurants that open for lunch. Then close & open again for dinner...

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fine dining in melaka?

Hi

Beizhan is indeed one of the better chinese restaurant in town. It is not a good walking from Jonker Walk though.

They do not serve dim sum however but fresh and down to earth chinese food with clean and white ambiance

http://beizhan.com.my/index.php

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
718 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fine dining in melaka?

Beizhan has quite good homely kind of Chinese food, their selling point is the freshness of the ingredient, but it is not a place for intimate dinner, it is loud, crowded, more a family dinning place.

If you like nyonya peranakan food, there are a few in the melaka raya area. Kampachi in equatorial hotel has reasonable Japanese food.

9. Re: fine dining in melaka?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 17, 2013