We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

Hi.

What would be the best way for my wife and I to travel to Melaka from KL. We are on holidays for a week in KL and have booked 2 nights at the Holiday Inn at Melaka. We were thinking of hiring a car, but maybe a bus or train is better?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

Peter

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
147 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

you can take bus from Tasiik Selatan Station to Melaka Sentral, ticket varies from 9-15rm, depending on which bus you take...travel is 2 hours..

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

Hi

Depends on what you consider the best option . . . cost, time etc.

Taxi, most expensive, but will be quicker

Bus, cheap and easy

Train - no train operating this route

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

Thanks. Do you know if the buses are very frequent?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
282 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

Try something like that link - I took bus from Singapore to Malacca then Malacca to KL. Was no probs.

http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptamelaka.htm

Stayed at Holiday Inn as well :-) Well enjoyed.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

Hi PeterY62,

Buses between Melaka and KL are almost hourly from Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (Intergrated Terminal South of KL). LRT train line and KTM rail train line has a stop at this station known as Bandar Tasik Selatan or BTS in short.

A taxi will cost you around RM180-RM250 from your hotel in KL to Holiday Inn in Melaka, taking over 2-2.5hours. Taking buses incur the extra hassle of travelling for about half hour from KL centre to TBS and a 2.5 hour bus (RM12-RM13, yes very cheap). At Melaka Sentral station, you need to take another 15-30 minutes taxi to Holiday Inn (approx RM30).

Choose the better buses like Transnational and KKKL which have more space and leg rooms.

brisbane, australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

you can take the NiCE bus from the old train station in KL which saves the hassle of getting to BTS. I believe it also picks up from Sentral, and also BTS. We took this bus last month and it's extremely comfortable, loads of leg room! A bit more expensive than Transnasional but so much less hassle (we took Transnasional back to KL and it was much more cramped, then had to take a rapid bus from BTS, was a pain in the butt :-)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
293 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

We took a taxi there and a bus back.

The taxi cost about $60 aus from LCCT. The bus was cheaper, but when I factored in the extra taxis to and from the bus stations, and the time spent waiting around, I think I'd go for a taxi next time.

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

From KL Sentral or KLCC go by LRT to Masjid Jamek Station, and change the train to Sentul timur but you stop on Terminal Bersepadu Selatan, You can choose various bus to malaka from here with around RM 8/ person with 2 hours to malaka Sentral. From Malaka Sentral you can go by bus no 17 or red bus to china town, from here you can walk around malaka

Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

This is excellent advise as my wife & I plan to make a day trip from KL to Malacca on 17 April 2012. Where is the Old Train Station in KL or the BTS ?

We will be staying at the Park Royal Hotel in Jalan Imbi.

Thanks, Peter from Perth WA

Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best transport option KL to and from Melaka?

The NICE bus to Malacca sounds great. Please advise where is the KL Old Train Station and BTS as we will be staying at the Park Royal Hotel in Jalan Imbi, KL. We are planning a return day trip from KL to Malacca on 17 April 2012.