We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLIA to Melaka

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
KLIA to Melaka

I have read a lot on the forums about travel from KLIA to Melaka,but i am still confused. My husband and I will be arriving at KLIA at 8.30 pm and have a 3 day stop over.

My question is should we attempt to travel that night to Melaka or are we better off staying in KL over night, and if so is it better to stay near KLIA and get a bus from there or should we travel into the city and get a bus from there.

We also have the option of going by taxi but am a bit scared about gettng a taxi that late at night, if this is a good option how do we go about organing this.

My other question is can we pre purchase our tickets before we go seeing as we get in so late at night and if so where can we do this.

There seams to be so many conflicting posts that i am not sure what is the best option

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Susanne

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLIA to Melaka

Malaka is only a 2 hours trip from KLIA.

But a prepaid voucher to Malacca directly to your hotel at Malacca.

Buy ticket at KLIA at the exit of the terminal.

Cheers

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KLIA to Melaka

Hi Susanne

Arriving at 8.30pm is not considered late night in Malaysia. Many shops and restaurants in town are only closing after 9pm. Just make sure you let hotel know of your late arrival.

You could get a taxi coupon to Melaka for about RM160 and getting a return is cheaper than paying speparately if you plan to return on taxi as well.

Staying in airport hotels are not recommended as they are not many good and cheap hotel options. Staying in KL hotel would cost extra time and money since you would still need to make your way to bus station south of the city.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KLIA to Melaka

Hi Susanne

Do not stop over in KL or at KLIA. Go straight down to Melaka. Once in the taxi its only about 90 mins to get from KLIA to Holiday Inn Melaka.

As an expat living in Melaka I can recommend the guy I use for all my KLIA taxi trips. He is based in Melaka and charges 180RM I believe. He has really good cars and has been 100% reliable for us. We have used him (and his son) about 10 times. Dont take a chance on a bus or an airport taxi. Send a SMS to Mr Din his Malaysian number is 019 667 3094 . Then try and stay at Holiday Inn (our favourite) or Majestic (expensive) but whatever you do dont sway beyond the top half dozen hotels as per tripadvisor. You will be sorry if you do! Enjoy Melaka and if you have time eat at Pak Putra and have their tandoori chicken & naan:)

Edited: 10:07 pm, September 02, 2011
Chennai (Madras...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: KLIA to Melaka

Arriving at 2AM KL Lcct , are there buses or taxi , is it advisable to travel in mid night alone.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KLIA to Melaka

See my recent post. Contact Mr Din for his taxi. He once collected us at 11pm from LCCT. He has never let us down and is 100% safe.

Maybe after midnight the cost of his taxi is a bit more - I do not know.

Send him a text message

Chennai (Madras...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: KLIA to Melaka

Is there a place in LCCT to relax from 2AM - 9 AM to catch the first bus to Melaca I am solo traveler.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KLIA to Melaka

Hi skdnaidu

As LCCT is a budget terminal, there are only regular chair to sit and coffee shops open 24hours. It is a busy terminal even during odd hours as a lot of people are in transit.

KLIA has more facility but shops may be mostly close as it is a much quieter airport.

8. Re: KLIA to Melaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 17, 2012