We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melacca to Putrajaya

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Melacca to Putrajaya

I am wondering what options we have for getting from Melacca city to Putrajaya, there are two of us travelling?

If we took the bus would it be better going to KLIA airport and then the KLIA transit to Putrajaya or to go to KL Sentral and then the train to Putrajaya?

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

Hi PegususPerth

It's not cost effective to do Melaka - KLIA as there are only few buses a day to KLIA and it costs RM22 per person. Take the many buses to KL south bus station (Bandar Tasik Selatan) which is one stop on KLIA transit to Puduraya/Cyberjaya.

This new Bandar Tasik Selatan ITT was open early this year and it is convenient and quite impressive for a bus station

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandar_Tasik_Selatan_sta…

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

Thanks heaps AlexM. Could you confirm that Puduraya is also called Putrajaya (I have a KL map with that on it).

Also now that there is a new bus station in Bandar Tasik Selatan I am wondering what the best way is to get from KL city to Malacca. I thought it was from the Bukit Julil bus station?

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

It looks like the Bukit Jalil bus station was set up as a temporary station whilst the one at Bandar Tasik Selatan was being built and is now completed (early this year). From what I can google the new bus station has had problems in the bus companies moving over and in January there were only 9 out of 51 that had moved to the new station.

If that is correct then I wonder which is the better bus station to go to, we are travelling at the beginning of May?

Edited: 8:54 am, March 22, 2011
Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

Hi PegususPerth,

Putrajaya is the administrative quarter of the country, Puduraya is the former KL bus station. The former is close to KLIA airport while Puduraya was temporarily replaced by Bukit Jalil station and now Bandar Tasik Selatan ITT.

Southbound buses leave from the aforementioned ITT station which is linked to LRT, KTM train lines and Klia express line.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

Thanks for clarifying. It gets very confusing when the names of places can be called by different names, this includes the names of train station (and then there are ones with similar names.

Kuala Lumpur, Melaka
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

you may take Transnasional bus for melaka - putrajaya route. The ticket is rm16.50

Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

Hi

Just dropping in on this conversation--

We were planning to head all the way to Lumut tomorrow from Melaka but think it might be a bit much for our kids so are planning to do this trip -

Can you advise on any good places to stay close to bus station ---is that where we;d get the bus to Lumut or would we need to catch a train?

manila
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

May I ask where is the Transnasional Bus kiosk or station in Melaka?

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

Hi Dicidi

Yes, Transnational has a kiosk in Melaka Sentral bus terminal. It runs buses to many parts of Malay Peninsula

10. Re: Melacca to Putrajaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 16, 2013