We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL LCCT to Melaka & hotel query

6 posts
Save Topic
KL LCCT to Melaka & hotel query

My husband and I are flying into KL LCCT airport on Friday the 8th of January at 12:15pm. We need to then get to Melaka. Not sure whether we will stay at Avillion Legacy with our extended family or Equatorial Hotel.

Firstly, i would like to know what is the recommended way of getting from this LCCT airport to Melaka. We would prefer not to spend too much unless it is way more convenient to do so.

Secondly, can someone tell me how close Avillion is to the Equatorial hotel?

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL LCCT to Melaka & hotel query

Hi cbc78,

You can take taxi for RM150 one way from airport coupon counter. There are few buses going there but the time may not be right for you.

Fare (Adult) : 21.90 Fare (Children) : 16.50

Duration : 2.5 hours

Departure Terminal : LCCT

Arrival Terminal : MAHKOTA MEDICAL CENTRE

Time :

09:00

11:30

16:00

20:00

There are another mini bus shuttle that costs RM35 per person by A - Tours & Travel company. It seems to be quite frequent from its advertisement but there is no web site or contact. You can find their counter in LCCT.

Avillion is about 15min drive to town and 20-30min from Equatorial. In the map below it is called Golden Legacy, its former name.

www.2malaysia.com/malacca/malacca-map.htm

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL LCCT to Melaka & hotel query

avillion legacy is not in a convenient location its about 10-15 minutes drive to city center. you have to take a taxi to almost everywhere (not sure whether you can get a public bus)

taxi drivers in melaka don't use meter. a 10 minutes journey can cost you at least rm10-rm20(maybe even more)

equatorial hotel is in melaka raya its near the shopping centers, mahkota medical center,lots of restaurants and food courts and some tourist attractions are within walking distance.

from avillion hotel to equatorial shouldn't be more than 15 minutes by taxi if traffic isn't busy.

3. Re: KL LCCT to Melaka & hotel query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 25, 2010