We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

Hi!

I'm planning a staff retreat for my colleagues this Jan, most probably we'll be in Malacca from 2-3 Jan, and I'll really appreciate any tips you can give.

We're thinking of staying at Hotel Puri (a place which I think has garnered quite good feedback from the forum here).

What are the coach companies from Singapore-Malacca? Which one will give us the longest time in Malacca?

We'll probably have to spend some time discussing about work stuff, but besides that, what are the must-see places? I'm pretty keen on the Fri night market, which I think will be quite near Hotel Puri.

Thanks so much!

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

Hi there.

Try out the Holiday Inn instead. Nice new rooms, a great spa at good prices and right by the new Jetty with its Pool, Snooker, Restaurants, Chinese Spa and much more.

A great place for a team awayday type event. I have stayed there often

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

hiya anngeline i used grassland coaches from singapore to malacca it was only around 5 hours and was so straight forward , i stay at aldy hotel which is so central and just near the top of jonker street friday market maggieomx

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

Thanks so much for your advice. Turns out we are really quite poor, so Hotel Puri is probably the best choice for us. Will check out the coach services as well. Besides Grassland, are there other services I can check out? Thanks so much!

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

Hi Angeline,

Besides Grassland, there are Konsortium and 707 coaches. The latter departs from Queen Street near Bugis station which takes the shortes to reach Melaka as there is no snack stop and it has 3 buses a day. It is not luxurious but with 3 seats in one row and comfortable enough, tickets have to be purchased 1 or 2 months in advanced as it is popularly used by Malaccans working in Singapore.

Hotel Puri also has to be booked in advanced as it is popular and reasonably priced.

Konsortium and Grassland also does coach and hotel package that is good value for money, call them to enquire.

Friday night market is less busy than saturday one when it is usually very packed.

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

Hello!

Since we've got some spare cash, any advice on the quality of the spa at Hotel Puri? Is it good/value for money?

Thanks!

6. Re: Staff retreat to malacca - any tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 10, 2009