We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Trip to A Famosa

Kuala Lumpur
2 posts
Save Topic
Family Trip to A Famosa

I'm thinking to organized a family trip to A Famosa End of this year. All together 8 members. I'm just wondering where should we stay? Resort Hotel, Condotel, Villa or....?

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Trip to A Famosa

Hi CutieJC,

Condotel and Villa will suit the family of 8. If you don't mind paying more, villa is like your private bungalow with a small swimming pool and a parking garage.

Kuala Lumpur
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Trip to A Famosa

Dear AlexMcca,

Thanks for your advise. Will book the Villa as mentioned . Another question for you, if i would like to visit portugese village and a famosa china town, which hotel will be the better for me to stay in? i don't mind paying more as long as convenient and suitable for my family members.. :)

Regards,

CutieJC

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Trip to A Famosa

Hi CutieJc,

The Portugese settlement has little things to see these days but the seafood is nice and reasonably priced. Take a taxi or drive to Portugese settlement which is just 10 mins from city center. Go to the open air seafood stall, store no.7 combines some Portugese style cooking with chinese ones. Usually for 5-6 persons with crabs, fish, prawn and vege cost me less than RM120.

A good place to stay in city center is either Holiday Inn and Equatorial. If you don't mind three stars small hotels, Aldy, Hotel Puri and Baba House are most central.

4. Re: Family Trip to A Famosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:50 am, November 19, 2007
5. Re: Family Trip to A Famosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 13, 2009