We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money in goa

hereford
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
money in goa

seeing as my husband is a taxi driver and only uses cash (no bank accounts or credit/debit cards) we are staying for 2 weeks in goa how much cash should we take and in what currencies???? i really need to know! many thanks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
417 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: money in goa

If we took £1500 with us my wife's first stop would be the jewellers. You would take change home from £1000 no problem if you can avoid diamonds etc.

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: money in goa

Didnt spend £1500 in 8 weeks last year!!! in fact brought change from £1000

Lyn x

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: money in goa

I usually take about £900 for two weeks which includes the hotel, eating out lunch and dinner taxi fares, but we do not do trips, and we manage to bring a couple of hundred back. Do not be fooled into changing your money into rupees at the airport, they are probably the worst people to change, a very low rate. If you are transfering by taxi, do not worry if you do not have rupees, they will accept English money at your destination. The going rate for a taxi from the airport to say, Calangute is between 500/600 Rupees.

Equivalant to £6/£8. But you can fit in lots of suitcases and people!!

Do not over tip the porters at the airport they are greedy, you do not have to. I do not use them unless I have a lot of suitcases.Do not give them a pound coin, the average monthly salary in Goa is about £20, so a pound is way too much.

14. Re: money in goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Calangute