We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere to stay!!!

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Somewhere to stay!!!

Hi,

Our usual guest house can only give us a room on the ground floor, and I have to be on the lst floor, (like to be able to come back from the beach shower, listen to music and then have a beer in my nightdress!!! (Not a very nice sight!) which is why I hate being on the ground floor. We are looking for somewhere from 8th December - 20th January, and not somewhere that will break the bank. Can anyone offer any suggestions.? I was even thinking of perhaps renting for 4 months (as we go back in april) and leaving the place empty while we are not there, but not sure you are allowed to do this, and of course I need to find somewhere first! Really appreciate your ideas.

Thanks

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

Try the Ticlo or Colonia de Braganza.......both budget and very central.

Wolf

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

Hi,

Went on the ticlo site and fully booked for the time I want to go. At the moment I would sooner not go to Braganza as it was so noisy last time we stayed there and security did not do anything as it was russians and they said if they upset them they would all leave! Also to stay there is 800+ apartment only.

Many thanks really appreciate your help, and welcome your ideas

france
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

park avenue opposite ticlo, cheap, basic and central. stayed there twice and I sit on the balcony in my nightie reading while my hair is drying and am not overlooked at all. which is a good thing for everybody. Also didn't find it at all noisy

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

Try Castlehouse, quite near colonia de braganza but quieter and nice rooms with lovely beds. They have a website or ring (use Localphone for cheap calls) and try and negotiate a price. Think the manager is Raj. Friendly place, small pool and good breakfast, includes eggs as well as cereal.

Chris

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g306995-d6314…

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

hi hudo,,i forgot gabrial ,just had some new rooms add to the guest house,,2 floors up,,with a nice big ball and good sea air,, the guest house is very near the ,beach, email them its a nice safe ,goan guest house run by a very nice family,,,,,

Edited: 9:52 am, May 25, 2013
Pune
Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

You could try this property in Arpora http://tinyurl.com/aavaas-trip

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/…-this one is very handy ,for the beach,,town center ,ect,,,

Edited: 4:23 am, May 26, 2013
Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

Hi,

Many thanks for all replies looked at them all, but we are now staying in Calangute at the Red Lion, stayed there before so know what to expect so quite happy now. Thank you all so much for your help, it is so nice to always get help and advice here.

Whitby, England...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Somewhere to stay!!!

have you got contact details for red lion and rodrigues guest house

Get answers to your questions about Calangute