We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice please

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
advice please

hiai just read your post, we are going to goa first visit in november, reading such mixed reviews and comments it hard to decide what its goin to be like, we are staying at the Horizon in Calangute, very excited but silly things like what to pack etc, is there any dress code any where dont want to offend the locals, are we better to wait till we get there to plan trips, and is it better to organize these ourselves rather than use the reps organised trips. Lastly before i bore you lol, when should we apply for our visas (shocked at the price hike of the visas), would appreciate any feedback.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: advice please

Steve i have sent you a PM.:-)) Gel

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: advice please

Angela, sorry just seen your post there about the photos, yes take photographs of the bags you like here, Google the images then print them off to take with you, it also helps if you have an idea of the measurements. He has lots of ready made bags as well, and the quality of his bags are great I just wish I had bought more!!!

Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: advice please

Hi Angela,

With regards to shopping. HAGGLE HAGGLE & HAGGLE some more. Do not buy from the first shop you go in. The prices quoted first time are unreal. It would seriously be cheaper to buy from Harrods. We got seriously stung on our first day for beach towels. I was happy to pay the price but OMG i could've got them at a 10th of the price if i'd have used my head.

Play shops off one another it really works.

My Mrs bought a boat load of beach wear once we'd been there a few days. Almost like skirts but she wears them around her chest and they hang down below the bikini bottoms (sorry i don't know what they're actually called, lol) On the first day we were quoted around £75ea for them!!!!!! I think we eventually got them for £2ea. That's the difference between haggling and not haggling. If you are walking past the same shops every day you will get to know the staff and they will lower the prices a bit but you still need to haggle.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,590 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: advice please

Following on from mulzys advice, if you do take a print out of any bags you find online make sure you REMOVE the price before you show the bag man.

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: advice please

thanks luvvly xx

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: advice please

thanks for the tips my luvvly very helpful, i know what you mean, i also wear them, bless you very good of you to try and describe the cover ups, lol xx

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: advice please

gel

would you be so kind as to send me the info re the bag man, I love handbags ..... many thanks

Dorothy

Whitby, England...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: advice please

can you please send me info on the bag man . dont think i have come across him yet irene m whitby

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: advice please

Irene & Dorothy I've Pm'ed you both about the BagMan.:-)) Gel

Edited: 6:42 pm, June 08, 2013
Midlands
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: advice please

Sorry, but could I also have details of the ''bag man'' please........sounds like he's going to be busy this year!! Lol.

Thanks, Sarah/mrslucky7.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute