We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs/Entertainment

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Topic
Pubs/Entertainment

Have booked a return visit to Calangute. We didn't really find many places with entertainment last time - any hints of places to go for this - even Baga/Candolim.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

What kind of thing are you looking for?

Karoke, singer, quiz nights? Bingo?

Mims

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

One of the things we really fell in love with Goa on our first few visits was the thing that of an evening the only thing to do was just enjoy your meal and a few drinks and then just look forward to another amazingly peaceful day on a nearly deserted beach.

Nowhere stays the same but still we go.

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

Anything really - not for every night but it's nice to be entertained now and again - nice background music - not into noisy discos - too old for that!!!

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

Oh I agree - but now and again it's nice to listen to some nice music. My problem is I cannot walk on the sand for any distance so it cuts down our choices of shacks - wee need to find shortcuts to the beach rather than the main entrances - that would help.

It's not disco stuff we are looking for - just a bit of mellow to go with a nice cocktail or two

milton keynes
Level Contributor
784 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

a lot of places will have live bands and singers a couple of nights a week, hopefully someone that knows the CCB strip better than me will be able to tell you where and when, if not ask around when you get there there is always plenty going on

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

Monday nights - Decades, Arpora

Friday nights - Poco Loco (Jazz) on Baga River or Quiz Night at the Carvery in Candolim.

Lots of other events - wait for welloutofit to come on the forum...........he's Mr Sociable!

Wolf

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

Thanks - will keep a note of all the advice

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

Last season under the stars in csm road had a lady singer called nellie on. Monday nights. Lovely setting there having a meal and listening to 50s and 60s songs. Someone who has been this season might confirm if she is still there. If so well worth a visit imo.

London, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

I am in Calugute now. Try Infantaria or , Flavours , opp Carvelloh on Thursdays and Sundays. Cayote in Holiday street on Tuesdays is great fun, as u get a comedian and singer combo, but be careful, if you are welsh or a jordie. He also plays fipples on Thursdays. There is always Jambalays, although the usual singer , not there this season. Ticlo seem to have muisc playing most nights by the bar area.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pubs/Entertainment

Nellie plays every Tuesday night at Bardays.....amazing voice.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute