We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calagute train journey

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Calagute train journey

We are going to Calangute at the end of February and when we are there we want to go on a train journey (just for the experience) so we want the name of the nearest train station and possible places of interest to go to by train (no more than an hour on the train though). Thanks to anyone who can offer us any suggestions..

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,171 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calagute train journey

Hi karend36Wirral;

This forum, the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum, is for discussions and suggestions on ways to improve the TripAdvisor website, itself.

Please see the replies to your previous thread.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5924486-…

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
2. Re: Calagute train journey

Hi Karen,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support forum, so I have moved it on your behalf to the Calangute forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calagute train journey

The nearest station is Thivim about 19 kms from Calangute.

For what you want, there is a train at 09.00 and 13.00 that travels from Thivim to Madgoan, journey time one hour, for these trains you can purchase tickets on the day.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calagute train journey

Hi Karen, head for nearby Thivim railway station and head south to Madgaon and then connect to Canacona for the far south beaches of Goa. Very cheap and easy to do. Thanks to TA too for putting your query onto the relevant forum,

13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Calagute train journey

The nearest rail station to calangute is thrivim (thvm) its about 19km it is always advisable to book tickets in advance as trains fill very fast you can plan your trains here indiarailinfo.com to book you need to register with irtct and own a amex card you can also book through clear trip.com but you will find not all trains are available details of how to register with irtct and get your mobile verification code can be found at seat61 .com

Wirral
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calagute train journey

Thank you for all of your replies...it looks like we will go somewhere from Thivim ..I note somebody says the trains are 9.00am and 13.00 it is highly unlikely we would make the 9.00 train so if we took the 13.00 could we stay a few hours and get back in the same day? Finally there would be no issues with our 2 week holiday visa would there? We are all british passport holders.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calagute train journey

Karend, you wouldn't need your passport/visa if you returning same day as you can't go far and you are not planning on staying anywhere.

Edited: 10:25 am, November 28, 2012
8. Re: Calagute train journey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Calangute