We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See Goa from a satilite

Plymouth
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
See Goa from a satilite

Hi there fans of Goa and all of you going for the first time. I downlosded the programe Google earth the other day and if you type in Candolim Goa in the space on the top left hand side it will take you strajght to goa its that good you can even see the shacks on the beach. Ideal to show your friends which one you like to hang out in. Also where you stay. Hope this is helpful. MRT.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: See Goa from a satilite

Hiya

This is really good, I can see my house and everything, but when I type in any place names in Goa it says the search returned no results. How did you get that to work?

CHeers

Oldham
Level Contributor
482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See Goa from a satilite

Type in as follows, Candolim, India and it should come up.

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: See Goa from a satilite

I had a problem getting into Candolim all over the weekend but am able to today. The wonders/mysteries of modern technology!!

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,346 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: See Goa from a satilite

its great i've pinpointed my hotel "colonia santa maria" with no problem, great site, thanks 'k' B.T. B.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,346 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: See Goa from a satilite

WOULD ANYONE LIKE A MAP OF THE AREA? GO TO :- john the map and click on GOA enjoy everyone b. t. b.

Northamptonshire
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: See Goa from a satilite

approximate co ordinates are 15 33 21.6N 73 45 07.25E

Plymouth
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: See Goa from a satilite

Hi there BTB. Looked at John the map.com that map is great. Searched all over the net for maps of Goa and cant seem to find much. It,s crazy when you think that a bloke on a bike can supply a really good map of the place. No-one else has got anything near as good as this. modern science eh!. Only problem with the map though is that i,m going to Goa Jan 2007 and staying at the hotel Osborne and the map is in two halves and there is a little part of calangute missing from the map and that is the part where the hotel is. so still really cant see where the hotel is so would like for any one to be able to pin point it for me using google earth all i know is that it is next to St Anthony,s chapel. MrT32.

8. Re: See Goa from a satilite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Calangute