We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

village royal 12th november

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Widegates, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
village royal 12th november

anyone staying here at this time?

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: village royal 12th november

I feel sorry 4 you ron. If you haven't been 2 this hotel before don't be expecting to much, if u hire a bike don't leave 2 much fuel in it, it has a habbit ov evaporating over nite. Pool good, food ok, staff medium, rooms medium. Location bad,. Chances ov returning never. That is only my opinion but like 2 give fellow travelers the heads up.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: village royal 12th november

That's sure to make Ron feel optimistic! Lol

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: village royal 12th november

Alex: just my opinion each to there own an all that. But realy it aint good m8. We have stayed at quite a few dives in goa but this was the worst. We don't need anything fancy just a place 2 kip store our stuff and get a shower (it done that) but would never stay again. Better forwarned than be dissapointed don't you think?. Out of 14 nites we only stayed about 7. Away here and there rest of the time.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: village royal 12th november

Gary you're probably correct mate, someone else I know left after 1 night!!

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: village royal 12th november

Exactley as I said didn't realy matter coz didn't realy stay there that much, awfull location rough old place. When my petrol evaporated under the nose of securty guard (joke) we thought that just about sumed it up. For an extra few quid can get much better.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
859 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: village royal 12th november

Gary I have to agree with you never again this is the worse hotel I have stayed in and I have stayed in some dumps!!! I got through it, and at the time about 5 years ago the pool was good and the food was good too, the bar staff were really nice as well but the location is dire.

Loads of wildlife though, the birds were amazing and we did see an absolutely huge snake on the road out of VR, the taxi stopped and let it cross the road, I have a photo of it somewhere!

But I would not stay there again.

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: village royal 12th november

Sella: was some of the wildlife some of ur fellow guests?. (Only jokin) we saw plenty of birds some squrills and cows. Bar staff waz ok, room staff poor imo.as for management v.poor don't even start me on security staff. Wonder what happened to ron the op?.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: village royal 12th november

Ron ..i read in other posts that you,ll be in goa for 6 month and as much as me and oh like the vr we only use it as a base for our 2 week jolly and will use it again in future .It is a little way out of calangute and the taxi drivers will want around 150 rups this season but the vr does put on a free bus twice a day .The food is good . never had any problems with the pools. and we actually like the location but the rooms are dead dead basic although end of last march it looked like some major refurb work was happening .There can be a few oddballs that stop there but they,re harmless and its a big enough place to avoid them if need be . Basically ron we not be there till beginning march after a little jaunt up to jaipur ..not long for you lad..enjoy ..steve

Widegates, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: village royal 12th november

no one staying at the village royal then? lol i have actually stayed there twice before

london
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: village royal 12th november

i been there times love it

Get answers to your questions about Calangute