We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Book trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Jungle Book trip.

My other half fancies doing the jungle book trip when we go back to Goa in February. Can anyone recomend any of the tour companies and what sort of cost would it come to.

Personally, I am not looking forward to giving up our perfectly good apartment for a night to rough it in some mud hut in the middle of a mozzie infested jungle, but she does seem pretty keen on the idea.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Book trip.

Lol, I dont know anyone who has not loved this trip, its absolutely awesome. The hut is basic but its comfortable and you have a mossie net, not that we were bothered with mossies but might have just been the luck of a draw. Its a really awesome trip and well worth the money. The elephant bathing is far superior to the plantation washes.

http://www.goaecotourism.com/

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Book trip.

Absolutely agree with dragonfli.....

An experience that you'll never forget.... unless you're too picky with standards and not willing to be appreciative of the experience :-(

You will not be 'roughing it in some mud hut' !

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle Book trip.

Many thanks for the re-assurances.

Have looked at the link and it seems really nice.

Think I am looking forward to it too now.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle Book trip.

I am sure you will love it. Take some long trousers and a jumper for the evening, we went in November and it was surprisingly cool up there in the evening, although I am bit of a cold bod and my husband was ok in jeans and a T-shirt.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jungle Book trip.

I think I'll be doing this next time too for a more full on interaction with the elephants which my daughter will love.

Canvey Island...
Level Contributor
245 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jungle Book trip.

Hi,

I agree with the others it's a great trip and the whole experience was wonderful. We were lucky enough to experience a thunderstorm in the jungle which just added to the atmosphere. Been on the day trip as well and that was brilliant..............go and enjoy..............Janis.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jungle Book trip.

It's defo worth a visit. I was put off by someone who went but pleased I didn't take full notice. It's good entertainment for sure. I used a agent in calangute just between chapel & babutes. Very good prices. Enjiy

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jungle Book trip.

In the huts do you get proper beds? All the talk about it has got me interested in doing it!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jungle Book trip.

Basic beds DJG, certainly not memory foam! Lol

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jungle Book trip.

With a proper mattress and off the floor though?

Get answers to your questions about Calangute