We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

Has anyone stayed at the Saldanha Kieran Park? Is the pool well maintained? Would love to get some information. Thanks

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
979 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

Hi

That's scotingoa territory - but he's not been around TA much since the start of this year.

QUOTE:

7. Re: Apartment rental in Calangute Feb and March

03 September 2010, 13:05

There are numerous resorts now along Post Office Road, & Bishop Alex Dias Road, one of the newest is Kieran park, (160 Apartments ranging from one bedroom to three, large private swimming pool, (cleaned daily), onsite parking, and shops nearby, its 100 metres along Bishop Alex Dias Road, most of the estate agents on Post Office Road, hold keys for apartments on Kieran Park.

Its very quiet, and has a large group of residents living all year round.

/QUOTE

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3889…

grimsby england
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

hi i have stayed at kieran park the last 2 years its a lovely place to stay everyone friendly and the pool is keep really clean. its nice and quiet at night aswell ...sue

Porvorim, India
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

Hi Gigiscape,

We've just bought an apartment in the new block at SKP. We are just waiting for an entry date.

Anytime that we have been to the complex the pool has always been well maintained and quiet. The whole complex is pretty quiet. It's in an excellent location to get out and about either by walking, driving or using the local buses.

We can't wait to move in.

Hope this helps

Chester-le-Street,En...
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

Hi

We stayed there for 6 weeks earlier this year, lovely apartment , but all are different. The pool and areas around it were well maintained and there is 24 hour security.

Sorry Mollycat but it was not quiet at night, dog wars every night, I think they used the grassed areas around the pool as a howling area because there was dog muck there every morning or was it fertiliser.

Apart from that a great place to stay.Hopefully back next year.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

Thanks fellow travellers for the inputs.. Saldanha Kieran Park here we come!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

My wife and I have been going to Kieran Park for the past 4 years and we like it, we see the same people every year in february and they are now friends. It is getting a bad name for itself due to weekend lets which have all night parties, which resulted in one couple leaving and staying in south Goa for the weekend, which should not have happened as it is a residential complex. It has not yet been handed over to the owners and I have noticed a decline in garden maintinance and the gardens are going down hill.

I believe the owners have a duty to display clear guidelines on the conduct and noise levels and cut of times of loud music and behaviour.This may come when they can form a commitee and set out rules and guidlines, but in general a very peaceful complex and in a central position for transport just got back 12/2/12 to 12/3/12

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

I have an apartment on the complex (Scotingoa previous handle).

To address the points raised. Rockerender...The problem with dogs on the complex tends to be when the gates are left open between the Saturday Market & The complex and street dogs get access, I recently had words with the agents and security have been informed to ensure they are kept shut....Problem also tends to relate to blocks on the front of the complex, those to the rear and far side don't tend to have serious dog noise issues. I know thats were my apartment is located.

Tipperton.... The problem with all night parties was not due to a weekend lets, it was in fact some people on a longterm let, who were annoyed about the early closing (that is no excuse off course), the people concerned have been spoken with and informed that their lease will not be renewed next season.... They have also been advised that if there is a repeat of this type of event this season, action will be taken in regard to a police FIR. The matter was dealt with as soon as I became aware of it, those on the complex who know me now have my number and will call me if the problem re-occurs. I am prepared to travel down from Mumbai to register the FIR if need be.

Those of us who own apartments are currently awaiting on Saldanha handing over the complex to a residents association, and some of the points like notices about noise polution will be dealt with then.

The pool is maintained and cleaned daily, as are the gardens, which will I hope continue when the residents association is set up.

Anyone on the complex who has any problems only needs to send me a pm, or speak with the site agent who is in the site Monday to Saturday 10.00 to 17.00, he is located at the rear of blocks F & G.

Those of us who own apartments on the complex will try to address any problems as they arise.

Chester-le-Street,En...
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

This year was our second year at Kieran Park and what a difference.The dog situation was better but the noise situation was much worse and we are seriously considering what to do next year.

Lots of young Indians renting apartments and creating lots of noise .A group of three above our apartment became at least six , music ,drugs, fighting, banging all night.It was only for a few nights but know one on the site would help.Saldanha people are totally useless. We sorted it out to some degree ourselves and eventually spoke to the agent after they had left.Unfortunately for him they had destroyed the apartment.??There are too many domestic tourists and there are no rules in place or anyone to supervise their behaviour - that likely applies to all tourists.

There are security guards- maybe that's not a very apt description , for 50 rupees a day I don't think I would want to be involved with drunks and drugged tourists.

Even the local residents have no respect , one noisy party went on to 3/4 in the morning and this was organised by one of the main agents who rent apartments and also live there.

I understand what you are saying Goahappydays , but it is not working in practice , I never found the onsite agent yet and the pool man did not refer me to him either.I totally agree with Tippertim - we almost left the apartments to get some peace and quiet.

Something must be done and a Residents Committee formed to deal with these problems or things will become much worse.

Also maintenance of the site has declined and I really don't think anyone cares.

As things are developing onsite I am pleased I don't own an apartment there. We have an option for next year but .........

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

If you can pm me with some details apartments numbers and dates and I will take it up with the owners of the apartments.....

The agent you refer too, has I have been informed been told he is finished in May, too late for you this season, but he won't be there next season..... The owner of the three blocks of apartments (straight down the lane from the main gate) has decided to employ new agents, and will (Owner) be on site most of the season.

I am not sure what maintance you are refering to, the lawns are cut on a monthly basis, the pool cleaned daily, John (the poolman) even clears the waste left by some guests around the pool, there are bins provide at the gate post for all rubbish, and the stairwell are swept on a monthly basis.

The guards are certainly paid more than 50 rupees a day, and have a book in their picket post to record any complaints, very few guests have bothered to record any problems. As I said earlier Saldanha do have an agent on site, again he will record any complaints and take what ever action is needed.

There is normally at least one longterm resident on site, either myself or John & Joy, who are normally happy to deal with any issues, however John has been in the UK for private reasons., and I was only informed about the party isssue (Saturday nights all night issue) after the third party, otherwise I would have travelled down from Mumbai to deal with the problem

We can't form a committee until 12 months after Saldanha have completed their building programme, and currently they are finishing the last few apartments at the rear of the complex, we are hoping they will wish to withdraw realier than the 12 months notice they are required to give us.

Did you mention your problems to the owner you rent from, and what action if any did they take...some owners are more interested than others, some are just interested in your rupees.

John.

Edited: 6:08 am, March 18, 2012
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calangute Saldanha Kieran Park

I agree with comments made here, we stay long term for 5 months, the dog situation is 100% better. There are dogs everywhere in the local area but since last year its much much better. The pool is not very clean John throws chemicals into it twice a week but never runs the filtration pump( this must be run at least 10 hours per day) to filter the water. Why this is not switched on is beyond me, but the pool water is very very cloudy, Indian women get in fully clothed Indian men climb in wearing underpants !! Yes parties go on all night but its domestic tourists making all the noise I don't know what the answer is if they rent it who can stop them, security are no use. We are going back in Oct this year for 6 months its still a very nice complex.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute