We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal vilage resort hotel

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle england
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
royal vilage resort hotel

hi has any one got any information about the royal village hotel in calangute. my husband and i are thinking of booking up for october but cant find much info any help would be very grateful.

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: royal vilage resort hotel

Hi I went to calangute and stayed in Royal Village for 2 weeks. The hotel is very basic but clean, the staff are very friendly but the food isnt the best in comparison to other places to eat. The pool is not bad either. For us girls it was far from where we really wanted to be near the bars,clubs and the beach so this time in December we are stayin in Baga few minutes away from everything. It is nice and quite overall fairly good for hitting the head to a pillow.

The people staying there tend to be more mature and they did also have theme nights on. Calangute town and baga are a few minutes ride in the taxi and really not a big problem. personally I wouldn't stay there again, simply because it was too quite and boring for us, but maybe ideal for a couple. All the best and have a great holiday. Let me know if you would like any more info.

england
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: royal vilage resort hotel

Hi,

Have a look on the holiday truths India Forum, there's a thread on there about the hotel.....doesn't sound too good actually. I personally agree with the last post and think it's a bit too out in the sticks. (although i have never stayed there)

www.holidaytruths.co.uk

Go to India Discussion Forum, scroll down and you'll see the topic "Village Royal in Calangute"

Good luck, Goldenflipflop

newcastle england
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: royal vilage resort hotel

hi Rhea and Goldenflipflop,

thanks for the info, you say it is basic but we stayed at the osbourn in March for our first trip to Goa and it took a while to adapt,

I think basic is the norm, once we got over the first couple of day,s

we just lay back and enjoyed every thing . The food is super the people are great, and we are not young enough to be bothered about clubs, but we do like a drink and a good meal.

Iwould love to know one or two of your fav eateries in Calangute there are so many to choose from my head was buzzing ,any info on your good experiences would give us a head start.

thanks again for your input alanjune.

england
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: royal vilage resort hotel

Hi alanjune,

I've stayed at the Osborne too and agree, it's basic but acceptable. Most Goan hotels are very similar and apart from location it doesn't really matter too much which Hotel you choose.

I love eating in Goa and am happy to share my faves with you:

Maya - Authentic Indian (BagaRd, Baga)

Kim Fah - Chinese (Baga Rd, Baga)

A Reverie - Continental/French (Holiday St. Calangute)

Sunset Bistro - Continental (Candolim)

Alton Gardens - Continental (Baga Rd, Baga)

Franks - Fantastic Steaks/Goan/Seafood (Off Baga Rd, Baga)

Lazy Days - Goan/Indian/Continental (Off Baga Rd, Baga)

Thai Oriental - Thai (Candolim Beach Rd,Candolim)

Fiesta - Meditteranean (Tito's Lane Baga)

There are a million and one places to eat as you know and the shacks are always great value for money.

If you click on my user name you'll find all of my other postings, I'm sure you'll find some of my other recommendations in there.

Hope this is helpful, Goldenflipflop

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: royal vilage resort hotel

Wov I think Goldenflipflop you will have to provide me with some guidance on where to go for xmas eve and new years eve? you are fantastic that is a great help for me too, thanks as I will be there for xmas. If you are a vegetarian or enjoy veg food you may also want to try Plantain Leaf - calangute fantastic food, massive portions.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations