We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellrey again.............

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Jewellrey again.............

Hi All

A lot of jewellers have been taking a bit of a bashing on here lately(and rightly so) for selling sub-standard jewellery.

Here is a positive thread

The missus has just had her diamond pendant valued at the Birmingham Assay office.

It is EXACTLY as the jeweller said it was.

Same quality of diamonds, carat of gold....etc

Paid £243.

Valued at £500.

Where did she find such a bargaing you ask.....

Bengal Gems

Almita 1, next to Tattoo shop, Calangute.

T&J

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Jewellrey again.............

DavidMichael - apology accepted.......light heartedly.

PPC - as i said in my first reply, i thought your point about why do i keep posting the same post (it was only once before!) was a valid one.

Only problem was i never got a chance to reply before other posters were trying to find holes in my post.

T&J

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Jewellrey again.............

By the way DavidMichael you said in your last post "but they (assay office) dont value anything maybe the jeweller who sent it did that

If you look at the bottom left hand corner of the certificate read what it says.

Valuation provided by S.....g a wholly owned subsidary of The Birmingham Assay office.

I suggest you stop digging holes my friend and find a bit of punctuation instead.

T&J

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Jewellrey again.............

Hi Badgerlad,

Thanks for your information, it is very helpful, and great to know that some one has taken the time to help others. People who question you, i am sure are only making sure you are genuine as there are so many ungenuine people around, dont take offence. Keep up the good work,

Darrab

ps

Is it true that in Goa, if you take a picture of a designer dress/suit, that the tailors there can copy (made to measure) for a fraction of the price?

Sheffield U.K
Level Contributor
984 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Jewellrey again.............

I suggest you stop digging holes my friend and find a bit of punctuation instead.

T&J

I have gone on the sick i have backache

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Jewellrey again.............

DavidMichael

I have a small shovel which digs smaller holes & maybe easier on your back........lol

Darrab

Yes it is true.

Cashmere suit made to measure for around £200

T&J

26. Re: Jewellrey again.............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Calangute