We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety deposit box

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
safety deposit box

Hi I'm off to Goa in March staying at the Santa Monica Calangute.

It's my first time and sooooo excited.

just wondered if you have to pay for the saftey deposit box at the hotel?

Any other info you can give me would be fab.

lancashire
Level Contributor
291 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety deposit box

lots of these lovely people on here recommend you take your own padlock also not sure if they charge as we're first timers too but the people on here are great full of great tips and advice

hope you have a good one :)

nickie

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: safety deposit box

hi the hotel we stayed in had saftey boxes in the rec and when you want to use it they unlock it for you then you unlock it yourself get what ever out then lock it back up then they lock it so its only you who can unlock and lock it back up its very safe but did have to pay a small fee hope that helps you and have a good time

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety deposit box

That helps thank you!!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety deposit box

Hi

Stayed in lots of hotels and ive have seen many types of safety boxes, generally they are just metal cabinet boxes and you buy a padlock, sometimes they are double locks where you have a key and they have a key but you need both to open it.

They charge about 1000 rups for two wks i think but its worth it.

stels

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety deposit box

You do have to pay, although its not much by our standards. Take your own combination lock, better than losing a key!

6. Re: safety deposit box

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Calangute