We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Loughborough
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Money

I am going to goa for 2 weeks, with my boyf and wondering how much money to take. We are staying at the Osbourne Hotel but only have b&b.

Also how easy is it to get travellers cheques changed?

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

Hiya

You probably won't believe it but £600 is plenty.

You can change your travs at the hotel or in the local change shops. A lot of Goa regulars use a Nationwide cash card as they don't charge for withdrawals abroad and give good exchange rates.ATM's are plentiful. Sterling, likewise, is also easily changed.

Jeff

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

Sorry I meant Flex Account card (I've got the flu and my brain is a bit slow today)

BC

leeds
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

Hi Barking creek

do you know if you can use electron visa cards in the machines in calangute i have only just opened this account and it the only one i have and my first time in goa

i dont think i will have time to open a nationwide account now

many thanks Jilllybean

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money

jillybean,

don't know how long you have but it only took 10 days to open my nationwide account.

steve

5. Re: Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Calangute