We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electricity

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
electricity

hi can anybody tell me which adapters i need to take to goa. do i need the two round pin adapters as in europe or thetwo flat pin as in the states?

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: electricity

They're like the European adapters, but slightly different - my advice would not take and adapter, but buy them once you arrive in resort - they are cheaper and fit the Indian sockets better - I usually take a uk 4 way extension lead and use a single adapter for that - saves having load lying around in drawers at home :)

God's County...
Level Contributor
301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: electricity

Hi Bentleybobs,

We went in March this year and bought half a dozen adaptors in resort for about 20p each.They are available at most shops

1 Hair straighteners

2 Hair Drier

3 Hair curler thingys

4 Hair other kind of stuff

5 Hair - god knows what else

6 Mossie plug in

Something like that !!!!

Glenn

manchester
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: electricity

Thank u. x

UK
Level Contributor
615 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: electricity

essential equipment for Goa is a torch as there can be power cuts especially as you are getting ready to go out. Some places have generators but if you have a torch you can be prepared on the way to your chosen place to eat

manchester
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: electricity

i'll keep that in mind...thanks

x

dof
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
346 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: electricity

We take the wind up torches and then leave them with one of our Goan friends - it means they do not have to buy batteries.

UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: electricity

Had a small giggle at the number of adaptors Leeds (or wife) needed. With that little lot going no wonder there's power cuts!

:-))

8. Re: electricity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations