We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osbourne or Santa Monica

Loughborough
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Osbourne or Santa Monica

I am trying to decide between these two hotels - Can anyone give me any advice??

Kingstork Beach Resort
Kingstork Beach Resort
#4 of 134 hotels in Calangute
Casa Severina
Casa Severina
#6 of 134 hotels in Calangute
Chalston Beach Resort
Chalston Beach Resort
#7 of 134 hotels in Calangute
uk england
Level Contributor
599 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

hi ive booked to go to goa in feb 16th we had a choice between these 2 hotels we choose santa monica dont ask me why havent got a glue what its like but from what ive read on here sounds ok jinny

lancashire
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

hiya bec,

the osborne is central in calangute easy access it has 3 phases 3 pools the best phase is 3 its more compact and quiter we stayed in this phase for about 14yrs and stayed in phase 2 once

everything goes on in phase 2 the main bar all functions ;;; xmas partys gala meals are all done from 2 its bigger

phase 1 is back beyond and the worst mostly germans swiss and few others get put there so iff you do book the osborne dont let them put you in phase 1

next door to the osborne is a cracking family run restrent ZICOS

its a meeting point for every one the food is great the booze cheap and a very friendly family

she.

Mentioned in this post
Osborne Resort Goa
Osborne Resort Goa
521 Reviews
Calangute, India
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

I rad somewhere that the Santa Monica is a building site

only joking ladies.....:-)

uk england
Level Contributor
599 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

oh my god i hope you are jokeing please say you are jinny

herts
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

Stayed at the Santa Monica in feb 2007.The hotel and bar staff were great, the room was ok to. 8 friends have stayed there for 3 weeks for the last 3 years and love it. We had a room overlooking the toilet roll factory. The dog on the balcony opposite gave birth to pups ( 8 ) on night so it can be a bit nosy, she also had a nack of starting off the other dogs in the area. We asked to be moved -no problem. Very central and an excellent spot to travel out from both locally or to further destinations. Near the beach and the football ground, easily within walking distant of Calengute main road, TAxi's are just outside the hotel. Also went to the Harvest Moon last year ( a small bar/restaurant on the way to Calengute MAin Road, near molly malones) very entertaining evening as it was a come along and play your guitar evening. Ant at halfway house was excellent all walking distance in the evening when it is a little cooler. We could not get in and are going to the Nizmar, I know it is AL but we will not use it much as so many great places to eat and drink locally and it is not on the beach.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

Yes Jinny i was joking...sorry

Ting........when are you going to the Nizmar?

Jane & I are going in December

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

Hello Bec,

i would recommend the osborne, stayed in phase 2 last march and are off again there next march, can't fault it really, clean, friendly and it is the candolim end of calangute and therefore quiet at night.

steve

herts
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

Hio

Ting 45 here

going beginning of JAnuary for 3 weeks

have you been before cos there are mixed reviews. I have up graded the room

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

Hi Ting

Yes went last year and loved it.

Read my review on it.

Regards

Tony & Jane

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Osbourne or Santa Monica

HI,

With regards to the dog that was a bit noisy having the 8 pups.Well she was a stray and has long gone along with the pups,

BUT the dog that was on the balcony barking,well thats a slightly different story(Tongue in Cheek)

She is still there,is the house dog,Snoopy(thats her name) told me that she only barks at noisy neighbours to tell them to be quiet as they are keeping her awake shes not on holiday, has to get up early in the morning to work.and her friends join in to support her .

Get answers to your questions about Calangute